Magic Band+ and Disneyland

We are heading to Disneyland next month. This will be our first time using Magic Band+ there.

How different is the set up for MB+ usage than WDW? I see no way to link the bands to our reservation and tickets on MyDisneyland (or whatever My Disney Experience is called for DL).

In the past, in WDW, we have had just one person (me) with an account. Everyone was listed as my travel party, no need to connect/accept friends and family.

How does this work for Disneyland? I will admit that I am annoyed that I have to figure out a new system.

Thanks for any guidance.

1 Like

That’s a good question about set up. I believe @Wahoohokie has used it. Maybe she has some insight? Also I believe @kerrilux_625778 had MagicBand+ on her recent trip.

1 Like

The system is easier than WDW, because the magic bands do not work for anything other than admission and scanning for LL/ILLs. No resort usage or payment or things like that. I liked having it because the DL site always wants me to sign in every single time I open it to use a LL. I much preferred just scanning my band. You don’t link it to your onsite reservation, you link it under Magic band plus on the DL app. Everyone will need a band if you don’t want to have to pull out your phone to scan LLs each time.

3 Likes

And every time I need to show my ticket/AP! So annoying.

2 Likes

We all have Magic Band+. Can I leave everyone on my account for LLs?

2 Likes

Yes, you can book everyone as long as you have all the tickets in your account.

2 Likes

Thank you! @Wahoohokie I would not have thought to look at the Disneyland app to link the Magic Band+. I still needed to call Guest Services since it didn’t want to recognize my MB+ number. But, it is all resolved and 4 days before my trip, I can assign the Magic Bands to my travel party.
Why can’t WDW and DL do things the same way?

2 Likes

They have always done things different, guess that will always be the case. Glad you got them linked.

2 Likes

Looks like @Wahoohokie covered it! I’ll share my experience in case it helps anyone else though. We didn’t buy our bands until we were onsite. We went to World of Disney, purchased them, then walked outside and unboxed them. I struggled a little bit with figuring out exactly how to link them, so I found a CM at the door of WoD and they walked me through it. The bands had enough battery to last us the rest of the day, though we didn’t do much with them beyond tapping in to stuff.

3 Likes