Lyft or Uber pick up locations

Hi. We are wanting to use either Lyft or Uber when traveling between parks on our upcoming trip. We’ve only used Disneys bus transportation in the past. My question is … Will we easily be able to find each pick up area outside of the parks when we leave? We are wanting to do this to save time so I don’t want to waste time looking. Will there be signs pointing the way to the pick up locations?? Thanks!!

The only one that’s a little tough to find right now is HS. EP and AK are curbside just out of the park. MK will be at TTC

Thanks. When you say just outside the park is there a sign? Or do we just go to the parking lot area and request one??

Plenty of signage to guide you. And cast members to ask if it’s still unclear.

1 Like

Is it hard to get one after the Halloween or Christmas parties? If we end up going, we probably will not have our own car.

All forms of transportation require some length of wait at park close. Even driving your own as you wait in line to exit the lot.

Got it, thanks! :grin:

1 Like

Usually when leaving MK at night I will walk to CR and get a Lyft from there. Order it on the walk over.

2 Likes

When you sign in on the Uber app for a ride it will usually show you where the common pickup location is at your Resort or Park, and ask you to confirm that you are there. We have been ubering for most of our trip. Just took the Disney Bus from Animal Kingdom to Contemporary for the first time, and I will definitely be ubering whenever possible instead!

3 Likes

Some questions on Uber or Lyft:

1. Can anyone comment on their strategy if he/she were to leave Epcot at dinner time to go back to Wilderness Lodge? We’d be ok spending the Lyft/Uber money but only if it’s faster than Disney transportation

2. More generally, if one is going back to Wilderness Lodge from any of the parks at a time other than closing, is Uber or Lyft a good strategy in terms of time saved?

I think it depends. Often, if I am in WS I will walk to BC and order a Lyft or Uber there.

2 Likes

Where will you be at EPCOT? It’s a big park, if you’re near WS the better choice might be @PrincipalTinker’s suggestion.

I don’t know if WL ever shares bus service, but if it does it will be during non-peak times, which sounds like the times that you will be traveling. So, just when you think the buses won’t be too crowded, you’ll be making multiple stops instead. Disney never wants those buses empty.

But non-peak times are also when Uber is the cheapest.

So for us, it was almost always the better choice to take Uber.

2 Likes

BC is British Columbia, no?

Or Beach Club :wink:

2 Likes

We used Uber/Lyft extensively on our recent visit to WDW. Drivers picked us up right at the valet in front of our resort (POR) and dropped us off close to the front of each park except for MK. We used a Minnie Van one day to be dropped off right in front of MK and another day we asked to be dropped off at the Contemporary and walked the addition 7-10 min to enter MK. In terms of pick up, signage is clearly marked outside each park entrance. If you are worried about pick up location, look for it before you enter the park. We only used Disney buses about an hour after park closing when we didn’t care how long it took to get back to our beds.

2 Likes

Knowing where and when is helpful in itself. I’m a first-timer and the size of the parks, entrances, ferry and bus stops, etc., will be a big challenge. I know that from the magic kingdom, the ferry can take 15-60 minutes, start to finish. If I can get a 10-minute Uber, I’d definitely use it. To and from Epcot - I’m not even sure what my o[ptions are

1 Like

It does.

1 Like

Do not ever walk, uber or lyft between WL and British Columbia

4 Likes

There are many options, but by far the best ones between EPCOT and WL are bus and Uber. If you’re from (the real) BC and staying at WL, I’m guessing you have the financial capacity to spend a little extra on Uber.

We’re from a little south of Alberta, and spent only a week at WDW, staying at BWI. Uber seemed the best option for us, even though we needed the XL version (which made Minnie Van fairly competitive). We did use the bus a few times, and walked to DHS and EPCOT since they’re nearby.

Consider how much you’re paying in total to visit WDW. Uber seems pretty cheap by comparison, and if it saves you a hour it might be worth it.

2 Likes