Lurkers!

I loved every bit of this response

7 Likes

Kudos to you for showing some leg without fear. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

I’m honored but I demand a retake of that picture! Without masks, please. Let’s coordinate a trip!

Honestly, that was my first Liner meet, too, and it was an awesome experience meeting you and @Wahoohokie. I forgot who suggested the meet up. :thinking: I was a bit apprehensive. But it was such a good experience, I initiate discussions about Liner meet ups when schedules align.

I’ve had a number of Liner meets since then but all of them have been at DLC. I’m leaving for WDW Saturday and hoping for my first Liner meet at WDW! Stay tuned…

Thanks @NoBellePrizeWinner for starting this thread. I hope it encourages some lurkers to be less shy! The Forum is, not can be, very intimidating! How do I even insert a comment? What if I’m wrong? Will people chat with me?.. See, one can have a hard time coming out of lurkdom! But I tend to lurk a lot because I have a hard time keeping up! And I don’t have the Disney experience many of you have.

My profile says I’ve been a member since 2012. While that is true, I didn’t start lurking until I was preparing for our 2019 trip. And it took the pandemic for me to feel very comfortable posting. For years, I told my kids not to talk with strangers online. Suddenly, I found myself talking to strangers online, sharing so much about my life (@janamelia reminded me today about a picture I shared of the Christmas decorations on my staircase last year!), and meeting up with them in person! DH was appalled that I have been sharing live vacation reports and pictures since 2021!

This is my only social media. I glance at Nextdoor every week to see what’s happening in my neighborhood, like the burglary up the street from us last week at high noon! :tired_face: I find Nextdoor people judgement, mean spirited, hostile, and unkind. You peeps are always kind, helpful, encouraging, and among other things, generous! The first time I experienced these traits was when we were trying to get tickets for Touch of Disney. We had a great time encouraging one another while waiting in the virtual queue to buy tickets and then @93111tink offered to help me buy my tickets! I was so touched! :smiling_face: Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart! BUT why hasn’t anyone helped me with Harmonious!!!

18 Likes

Well, WDW is open all year long, and this festival is only once a year. Get your priorities right!!!

:blowfish:

3 Likes

What help did you need with this? If you asked a question I either missed it or was distracted!

2 Likes
2 Likes

My first proper liner meet was with @Nicky_S and @melcort10 :yellow_heart::yellow_heart:
I have no pictures of this on my phone :scream:
I will have to try and find the thread with the pictures.

Before that I said hello to Ray the podiatrist from chat when he was working at BB, but that was so fleeting that it barely counts :laughing:

10 Likes

My first liner meet was in London with UK liners from the FB page (which was set up when some chat liners got annoyed at not being allowed non-Disney threads as I understand it - before my time) in March 2016.

I then met chat liner @vmorrison63 for dinner when she was over here in March 2019.

That was closely followed in August 2019 by my first meet at WDW - our first morning waiting to be let in to Epcot for a pre RD GG breakfast, those were the days! - with @supercalifragilistic.

20 Likes

Hmmm my first Liner meet was with liners from chat. Not sure if I should call them out here :rofl: my first meet with forum folk was this!!

22 Likes

I hate my face on this picture :joy:

7 Likes

I think you look happy and like you’re having a great time :grin:

9 Likes

Well I was happy and having a great time but I look like a dork. Which is accurate to be fair :joy:

9 Likes

I just remembered I met @Dreamer before this but we didn’t take a pic! So she is my first forum liner meet :grin::heart:

11 Likes

None of the ones I’ve mentioned are forum liners. I’m not sure who was my first forum meet. Maybe @PrincipalTinker.

10 Likes

Mine too.

Except the one time, 7 or 8 years ago when we were waiting at the tapstiles at MK and I commented on someone’s Liner button that was standing behind us. Those were my lurker days so I have no idea who it was but she was flying solo and talked my ear off for 15 minutes.

Hi to whomever that was.

13 Likes

I kinda stalk you, don’t I?

10 Likes

Would we call it stalking? :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Oh wait. I forgot until she just posted but @PrincipalTinker and I watched Happily Ever After right next to each other one night but didn’t realize it until a day or two later.

Does that count?

15 Likes

My first Touring Plans meet was December 2011 - changed my life forever. I still travel with many I met that year- here is @len’s CoP meet after we used literal clipboards to test a touring plan.:heart:

23 Likes

The 2023 Liner Competition…showing your legs as to challenge Jeff for the most sexiest man legs.

:rofl:

14 Likes