Lunch at resorts

I have a lunch ADR at Skipper’s Canteen in MK on a day when we’re park-hopping to AK in the evening. I’m thinking of swapping it out for an ADR at an EPCOT area resort instead since we usually plan on coming back for a break. We’re staying at BWI but I don’t really like the choices there that are open for lunch.

What other resort TS would Liners suggest? Quite a few of the ones we might like seem to be closed for lunch. Not super interested in BC restaurants, and they don’t have any openings anyway. Are there any where reservations might not be necessary?

Thanks!

What about in world showcase?

2 Likes

If you are going back to the BWI area, I would world showcase for lunch.

3 Likes

I agree the BW area can be tricky around lunchtime, and what few options there are aren’t really that good. So personally if I were in this position, I’d order from the app and eat at Columbia Harbour House, then head back to the hotel for a break.

It’s really a shame (and IMO a glaring weakness) that we’re having this conversation about the lack of good lunch options at not one but 4 hotels (BW, BC, YC, Swan/Dolphin).

1 Like

More specifically not TS but the France pavilion— I can still taste my lunch from there! Amazing. Can even just bRing it back to your resort. And it’s close to the entrance.

2 Likes

Agree! I think lunch at either the QS in France or Morocco are great choices and close to the IG.

4 Likes

Well, I think a third park in one day would take a bit too much time & energy. We were hoping for somewhere quiet, closer to the resort. Going to WS would really cut into our break time which just isn’t very long anyway.

It might be easier to go to one of the monorail resorts, actually.

1 Like

Yes, I was super surprised. I’ve heard so many people recommend getting away from the parks and taking a break at resorts, but to go where, exactly? I think the only decent TS place that is open that fits the bill is Ale & Compass. The BC restaurants will be packed and we kind of wanted a quieter spot. And all the other good restaurants are not open for lunch. It’s pretty disappointing.

Captain Cooks or Contempo Cafe are great!!!

2 Likes

Geyser Point? QS but just a boat ride away…

3 Likes

This. My new go to for lunch or early dinner from MK.!

1 Like

If you can do lunch before you leave MK, we really enjoyed Skipper Canteen. BOG lunch is fun too. How about Kona Cafe at Polynesian or Grand Floridian Cafe? Both on Monorail. Also the Wave at Contempo.

2 Likes

Well, I had reservations at BOG, but I let them go for SKipper’s Canteen, and now I regret it! Did you wait long to be seated at Skipper’s? I guess I’m just having panic attacks about the crowds in the middle of MK in the middle of the day, but it’s not supposed to be that busy. We have a 1:20 reservation, and am hoping to get out of the park before the 3pm parade.

The plan is then to head back to BWI and then go to AK around 6. But if we have a nice lunch, we might just stay out all day. So that’s why I’d like the flexibility of not having a reservation.

Geyser point actually looks pretty terrific, too. The setting is very nice, and we haven’t been to the WL in years and years. We could ride over there, then take Uber to BWI. Same with the restaurants at the Contemporary & Poly. GF we went to last time, so these options look really interesting to me.

I really like The Wave at the CR.

3 Likes

I remember waiting a little while for Skipper’s, but it was a nice waiting area. I’m not sure it was great enough experience to stay in the park longer if you feel like heading out.

1 Like

Thanks for that observation, that’s the way I’m kind of leaning, especially with all the great options people have mentioned.