Lost in the 'land: a first-timer's solo, planless adventure

Yeah basically everywhere except the south refers to anything grilled as barbecue. :woman_shrugging:

It’s basically a walkup window with a few tables in a covered area next to it. Kinda like Tortuga at MK. I ate there 3 times on my first trip to DL. Not a bad thing on the menu.

4 Likes

Okay, I need that shirt!

And, yes, definitely try Bengal BBQ. It’s a must-do for us every trip. Yum!

3 Likes

Anyone want to weigh in on which character meal?

I’ve never heard anything bad about Storyteller’s but I have heard that Goofy’s is lacking

1 Like

So i got my room ready text, which is great! How… do i get in? I feel lost without a magic band

2 Likes

I think you have to pick up a key at the desk. Like in the olden days.

2 Likes

Have they not heard of covid?! If i talk to a real live human, i will certainly get It, right?! I mean, that’s what all the hotel chains using keyless entry to cut front desk staffing are telling me, at least.

2 Likes

You won’t get it.
But they will.

3 Likes

That’s ominous :rofl:

3 Likes

Landing in 15! Between this and our pretty flawless transatlantic flights during the Summer of Airline Madness, delta is winning some loyalty for sure.

6 Likes

That is one beautiful, clear sky!!

1 Like

What do you mean by “lacking”?

We went to Goofy’s in February. They still came around and did they dancing and included the distance meet and greet in the dance. I think it was like once every 15-20 minutes. One of the chipmunks hit me on the head as he walked by. Startled me. He ran away with his hands over his mouth! Not sure if they have returned to normal meet and greet at the table.

They took pictures before seating us like they normally do. Instead of paying for the pictures, they were uploaded free to our app!

The decorations were just so so.

We found the food decent. I had a plate of bacon :shushing_face: (I would have had another plate if it was more crispy!), a made to order omelette, and salad. I recall seeing lox on DSIS’s plate. The desserts were certainly lacking (gross in our opinions)! Minnie is the pastry chef. She needs some lessons!

3 Likes

I have heard that the minnie breakfast at plaza inn has some harder to find characters

2 Likes

You will be able to open your room through the app on your phone.

1 Like

I’d have to dig back to see what the comments were in particular. But what I read was enough for me that if I was planning I would not be visiting Goofy’s Kitchen. It was the impression that was left that it was not good.

1 Like

In the lyft!!! The weather is gorgeous. This aint florida in july, that’s for sure.

6 Likes

I see on the internets that i should be able to do this but i dont have the unlock door option. Oh well, the lobby it is!

3 Likes

I cannot get over the weather omg.

10 Likes

Yay!!!

What’s up first??

3 Likes

Bag drop and then DL!

5 Likes