Looking for non-theme park things to do in Orlando

I’m looking for some interesting non-theme park things to do in Orlando. For reference, our current schedule is as follows:
Monday: Arrival day, dinner at V&A Chef’s Table
Tuesday: 1:30 mandatory resort tour, approx 90 minutes
Wednesday: UOR (“Everything Potter or die”)
Thursday: Kennedy Space Center (Excited space geek, bored but tolerant DW)
Friday: Departure day, 3:35 pm flight

Essentially, I’m looking for things to do Friday before departure and to fill in around the resort tour on Tuesday. Any good ideas out there?

1 Like

I don’t know if this actually fits your criteria and I have never done it but…

1 Like

I believe there is some “amazing” arcade in Orlando somewhere, for arcade games enthusiasts. If you’re interested I can do a search and try and get some details.

Gatorland is another option as is an air boat ride.

The historic Downtown Orlando is also worth a look around. As is Celebration by the way, down by the lake. Or downtown Kissimmee.

There are literally hundreds of lakes, of which several have water sports or nature reserves for walking.

Or on WDW property there are all the options at FW (kayaking, pony trekking, archery), water sports, mini golf, real golf.

There’s also some good theatres around, maybe a matinee. One that has a really good mixture of dramas is the Mad Cow Theatre, DS and I saw a couple of shows that were headed to Off-Broadway there one visit.

Or a tour at AKL of the African Art. Or a kitchen tour. Or the beer tasting @ Contemporary (can’t remember what day that is though).

Or just find a lounge and relax. :grin:

2 Likes

Gatorland!

1 Like

There is a lot to do on International Dr. shopping, mini golf, and attractions.

1 Like

Disney Springs. Not just shopping, but also has The VOID and other entertainment.

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas! One thing I have been looking at is “Titanic - The Artifiact Exhibition” https://titanicorlando.com/

1 Like

We’ve done the Titanic exhibit in Pigeon Forge TN and really enjoyed it. The one in Orlando looks similar.

1 Like

We did the Titanic museum in Branson, MO. Same. Really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

My son’s boarding pass he received was for the Captain–he was so excited because he thought that meant he was definitely a survivor. Oops.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Gatorland is a hilarious time if you embrace the tacky.

I know you said that you’re doing it already so I just have to say, the Kennedy Space Center is one of my favorite places. My dad used to take me, my sister, and cousins when we were young girls and I have nothing but great memories. Took my kids recently, and it’s still just as great. There is a beach nearby, Cocoa beach, which isn’t my favorite (I find it to be not as clean as other beaches, but it’s not completely horrible) but if you finish the space center in half a day and want to spend a few hours in the sand and surf, there is that.

Disney Springs has a new Cirque du Soleil show opening at some point, not sure if that coincides with your trip, I can’t remember off the top of my head when it opens

2 Likes

I just saw this and thought of you

1 Like

Thanks!