Looking for Information on Selling a DVC Contract

I am so sorry to hear about your son. It makes me sad to think of you leaving the DVC liner family, I think you and OB planted the DVC bug in my head, but I know there are hard choices to make. I am sorry for that!

From my recent purchasing experience I have a few thoughts:

The DVC Store seems to have the highest resale prices. This doesn’t mean they don’t negotiate down, but I feel like they set a high bar on price. They are also extremely nice to work with and the title company they used was top notch as well.

Disney is taking a bit longer than usual to review ROFR - 40 days has been the average lately. This may change with them opening back up. My contract was submitted on 4/27 and I closed on 6/18. I was about 10 days quicker on ROFR than many people, but my seller was Canadian and took extra time getting the contract back. They may continue this to keep points out of the pool. I still haven’t been added into their system.

The market has been doing funny things - with Disney not exercising ROFR prices have dropped a little, but there has been low resale inventory and apparently a steady supply of buyers, it stayed out of free fall. Strange times and hard to predict.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this :frowning:

I am so sorry @gabmom.

Sorry to hear this @gabmom.

I hope things will turn around for you in the near future.

2 Likes