Looking for feedback on dates. (Midweek to midweek?) Are you a fan?

We are replanning and need to decide between 3 different weeks. We live in Massachusetts. The first week is February vacation, Feb 16th-24th. The 2nd week is April vacation, April 13th-21st, the third week is start of summer vacation, June 17th-25th.
We know its a busy time to go especially during Presidents day and Easter. We are a little flexible. Meaning we don’t mind starting a few days early or coming back a few days late in order to have some lower crowd days. Our goal is to have our daughter miss no more than 3 days of school. So we could fly out early on a Tuesday night on the week prior to vacation or fly back late on a Wednesday night during the week after they are back in school.
What’s important to us?
#1.Manageable crowds. CL’s under an 8 preferred. We will be down for 8-9 days and plan on 5 park days so we can be flexible
#2. Manageable weather. It’s OK if we don’t swim. We are from the cold weather in N.E. 70-80’s would be ideal but could live with lows in the 50’s 60’s or highs in the 90’s
#3. Can’t miss more than 3 days of school.

Massachusetts here too! I am going in February. I went two years ago and the crowds were manageable. I did a week close to Easter years ago and I still have nightmares about a situation that occurred in MK because of crowds, but reports the last few years have been the crowds have not been that crazy. The end of June was the trip I took with the lowest crowds but you take the chance of scheduling the trip during the last days of the school year.

1 Like

Leaving the subject of missing school out, since you’ve already determined what you’re comfortable with there, I’d pick February. The weather is likely to be pretty close to perfect (a cold stretch is always possible, but more likely it’ll be warm with minimal humidity), you’ll be escaping the cold back home (unless weather stops or delays your flights), and the crowds should fit your “manageable” criteria.

I’m debating the same dates, minus the June trip, because I know I could never handle the heat in June. I’m your neighbor in RI, but can’t miss school because as a teacher I am not allowed to add days to a break. So it’s high crowds in Feb or higher crowds in April. Because our dates aren’t flexible the cost of flights is a kicker! Not trusting crowd predictions because TP has suspiciously lowered the CL for Feb, and I’m not convinced! Leaning toward Feb. As others have advised, plan for high crowds and enjoy! If the CL is lower it’s even more magical!

1 Like

I would avoid Easter weekend at all costs. For weather, Feb will be at the lower end of your range, Apr would be perfect, and Late June will be st your upper range. I’m a NE guy by birth and a current FL resident. I will only go Oct-May.

1 Like

Of the dates you’ve given, I’d say February. Could you make your April dates earlier, still busy but avoids the easter weekend

Maine here. We went 3rd week of April this year and we’ve been end of Jan before. This year we are going the Tuesday after Pres day to the following Tuesday. No real reason for crowds (with TP we’ve never had a problem with crowds) but for cheaper airfare!

1 Like

I am in RI too :slight_smile:
I am lucky that I can go almost any time of year. I would recomend the Feb time frame.
I think for us New Englander’s the weather in Feb still feels great!

1 Like

Hey neighbor, thanks for the input! If we are lucky enough to go I think it will be Feb!

1 Like