Longing for warmth

I did kind of wonder how she got it out of her hair.

I have a son that is a railroad conductor who did some away from home terminal work, (we call it mercenary work). He worked out of Whitefish for about 10 months. Got off the train in the mountains and sunk up to his waste in the snow. Where we live in North Dakota it is all plains so Mountain territory was very different for him. Said he wasn’t scared of the heights but was worried about bears. Carried a can of bear spray and snow shoes. He made BIG money doing that tour but is home now. Built a new home and there are NO bears around here. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Maybe not for long! Wolves have been spotted 50 miles east of Billings, MT headed in your direction. Bears not far behind, I’m sure. __ I just assume they’re around, and would never go for a hike without bear spray. Not too worried about them bothering me in the yard- so far!

I worry about mt. lions more. They ate my sister’s beagle, right off the front porch.

1 Like

No doubt it has something to do with no cell service, bad weather and large animals!

Sorry Ryan. High of 35 in Anchorage today.

-7 C in Surrey, might get snow later. I’ve been dreaming of Florida weather, only 2 months to go.

This morning, which is expected to be our coldest day in this polar vortex, we hit an absolute temperature of -17 F, although wind child has actually lessened compared to yesterday…only at about -26 F.

I’m in MA. ! “feels like” -12

Ours struggled a bit to keep up but it wasn’t too bad. We were able to keep the house at 68F most of the day.

1 Like

We had -23 when I woke up today. Just went out at lunch and it’s a balmy -3. Moving in the right direction.

Good that’s not bad! Glad it kept up
For you!

1 Like