Locker system and fee for groceries at ASM

zippidity doo dah and just like that - another revenue stream.

What’s driving this?

Obviously guests are ordering more food but then, social distancing . . .
and Disney’s been offering less in the way of dining venues and menu choices - guests will bring in more offsite food.

Q: this will be at Deluxe resorts? DVC?

rhetorical but tacky

1 Like

I’m glad I wasn’t alone reading it that way :rofl:

1 Like

Charge more deliver less. Lower overhead from less CMs to pay. More revenue from the group giving them the least right now (value Resort guests)

4 Likes

I knew I could use that word since @OBNurseNH would understand me (she would also understand wicked pissah).

6 Likes

And the is is definitely not wicked pissah.

It sucks monkey balls

5 Likes

Ah, didn’t think about fewer CMs. :+1:

I’m wondering if five years from now these lockers are sitting dusty, rusty and unloved.

1 Like

That’ll never happen. They’ll sell them as super economy rooms

4 Likes

I kind of like the sound of the locker system. Sounds like an Amazon collection locker.

It eliminates the need to deal with peoples :laughing::+1:t2:

5 Likes

You hush! We all need to give this a thumbs down (at least publicly) :joy::joy:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Right now the fee applies to orders that are delivered to your room? Going forward you have to pick them up and deliver them to your own room and pay the fee?

3 Likes

Good thing MDE is gone:

Welcome to WDW! We hope you enjoyed your MDE experience. Good news! Your luggage has arrived and is available for pick up in locker section P, number 3000.

Found it under “mail service”

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/all-star-music-resort/services-amenities/

There is also a link on the Movies mail service page to more info and only has the Music info:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

1 Like

Doesn’t the fee currently apply for any package you have delivered to your resort?

Not groceries

1 Like

Ah ok. I thought the fee already existed. So they really are charging for something that was previously free. Boo! :-1:t3:

1 Like

You are at 1%. Charge your phone!! Ha ha. Thanks for the update.

**Edit I see that it’s not your phone.

2 Likes