Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

Nice! We moved here in the middle of a pandemic; surreal. Have fun at EC today, it’s the first day of the Flower Festival and all the new food that looks really good. I wonder if born and raised locals know more about all the different parks here?

Lunch at Polite Pig today. DS not unbearably crowded yet. Mixed masks. Trying to revive this threads for tips of the local trade :wink:. I know you’re there lurking :eyes:

@amvanhoose_701479 I love love love their Brussel sprouts. Tried their bbq cauliflower today and it was really good. I’ll report out later on their bourbon chocolate chip cookies.

5 Likes

Oh, my kids would love those sprouts and cauli dishes! :heart_eyes::writing_hand:

2 Likes

Newly local here! We also moved during the pandemic so our Disney visiting and habits have yet to really begin. I have visited the parks alone a few times and did a solo stay that was planned pre-covid. We haven’t even taken the kids to any parks yet which is killing me! Thank you to covid and no new annual pass sales. If Disney offers the Fl resident flex tickets again this fall I think we might finally have some family park days! Fingers crossed.

What we HAVE done so far is eaten at a few resorts. We celebrated my son’s birthday at CBR with swimming and an overnight in a pirate room. That was so fun! And yes, we do plan on doing regular stays on property. I already have another solo stay booked for Jan 2022. I predict (once all the stars have aligned) we will probably be visiting WDW parks 2-3 times a month and other parks a couple of times a year.

4 Likes

We moved during the pandemic too; surreal. I love how you stated, local habits haven’t been formed; us too. The current FL resident discovery ticket expires on June 18th. I’m expecting something else for locals within a week of expiration ( if history repeats). I have an AP but no one else. I go alone frequently.

1 Like

Hey didn’t you post a liner meet up at USO on Thursday? How did it go?

This is Polite Pigs Bourbon Chocolate Chip cookie (4"diameter). The cookie part is nice and NOT salty (like Gideon’s cookies have been reported as being… maybe they use salted-butter?). The chocolate chips are candy coated, as you can see by the different colored chips, it makes them pretty sweet; too sweet. I’d like more cookie and less chips.

2 Likes

Wasn’t me. We are possibly planning a trip to USO when our daughter is here in December.

1 Like

At MK today. Funny CM at parking entrance telling us that parking is $5 extra on weekends. “That’s the magic, mama!” She said :rofl::crazy_face::joy:

4 Likes

They will put extra pop rocks on if you ask @ninjasherrie

5 Likes

Transportation isn’t enforcing masks :mask: but rides are.

2 Likes

Come to Mama!!! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

:crazy_face::rofl:

I’m not a local but I have some relatives who moved within a couple hours’ drive of WDW and part of the reason was WDW. They go about once every 2 months. Sometimes they stay on property, others not. They often do the on site camping in large vehicles. A lot of their trips looks like a lot of fun b/c they don’t have to cram things into a visit, and can just relax.

3 Likes

Yes, this is one benefits of living closer. Yesterday we only stayed 3.5 hours or so b/c it was TOO HOT :hot_face: yuck yuck yuck, but the lines were low, it didn’t feel crowded and the CM gave me extra pop rocks on my Lava float :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’m here

15 Likes

OKW right?!

1 Like

Yes!!!

1 Like

I do not feel sad they OKW is my home resort.

4 Likes

It’s such a lovely resort. What a GREAT way for us to use DVC points for the first time. My DH was very impressed.

3 Likes