Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

Favorite comment overheard today. Dad to 4 yo “Pull it together! “ :smirk:

Also overheard, “All these adults w/o children in the park is ruining Disney. Disney is for kids.”

Cheers!

2 Likes

I bet those people complaining about childless adults are the same ones that complain when kids aren’t allowed to sit at the bar or in nice restaurants.

3 Likes

Lol maybe :thinking:

:rofl:

1 Like

:rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

@Briturner hi. I did start this thread with your hopes in mind but it seems most locals are behind the scenes ppl. Hush hush with their tips :joy: or oblivious to this thread :joy: One person gave some great tips on driving here to get to the parks and avoid traffic up thread but that’s been about it. I live an hour away so popping in isn’t really happening. When I come over I stay a bit and hang out. Right now parks are pre covid crowds soooo. The staff at Oasis Bar told us, yesterday, that they can’t get CM park reservations bc of crowds; this is supposed to be the slow season. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

@vcka Thanks, I live within 15 minute of everything (EPCOT was closer than my local Walmart before the road work started). I’ll just start making a list of my own tips and find a way to share them.

Another tip, use a map app. I use google maps, and it warns me of accidents or traffic and routes around them. More important is saving your parking location so you can find your car (I assume most locals drive rather than bus or ride share).

1 Like

How do you do this? I usually go out of my way to park on the end of a row to help jog my memory, I also use colorful window/car shades :wink:

That is AWESOME! We live closer to DH’s work than Disney :wink:

@vcka to save your parking location, tap the blue dot that is showing your location. It should bring up a “Your Location” section, and a “Save parking” button. Then you can get directions back to your car when you are done for the day. Find & save parking locations

I have become a virtual employee, so I can work anyplace.Yesterday I was in a business meeting while in France (in EPCOT).

4 Likes

FABULOUS!!!

and thanks for the parking help :wink:

French Quarter gate guards are always welcoming. Well 2x now. Drove up, with pic ID visible and said, “I’m hoping to grab some hot coffee and bienieghts” CM, “That sounds GREAT! Enjoy!” And waved me through. But why the Disneyland cup?

4 Likes

Great idea for breakfast! Disneyland cups make me feel nostalgic. :wink:

1 Like

I agree, but this was 5 pm tonight :rofl:

2 Likes

If you ask for a solo death bucket CMs will accommodate. VENT: They loaded a family of 4 with DH and me. I told the little girl to put her mask on. She did. Dad then pulled his up over his nose. We listened to deep congestion w/ dad and son. DH and I got off at next stop. Not where we needed to be. Asked CM if we could have a gondola alone b/c and explained why. They nicely accommodated us and radioed to make sure our doors did not open to allow more ppl. To be seated. No one should have to confront strangers in that situation

5 Likes

Telling ppl at EC no fingers today to get into park. IF you ticket/MB turns green

1 Like

Hello! I posted way back when you started this thread but use Chat more often. I’m trying to be more social here on the forums so thought I would say hi. Since my last post here DD was hired as a CM (Pooh and Tea cups) We have started our goal of staying at every resort at least for 1 night. We are celebrating DD’s 21st this weekend at YC!

4 Likes

Nice to see you post here :smiley: We… well… I have a bucket list of resorts to try. We’ve been doing one nighters too, it’s fun! So far I’ve stayed at the Poly & Contemp w/ theme park view. I like the Poly MUCH better for the view b/c the fireworks are seen above the castle. We did a savana view a few months back, love it! Last night we stayed at the BW to be close to IG entrance and we’ve never stayed there before. We’ve stayed at most of the resorts over the years already, but we do want to stay at Y/BC for the pool area and we’ll save that for when our grand/kids come to visit so we can all lazy river. We are using our year of banked DVC points to knock off a night here and there. There are some place we won’t try b/c we aren’t interested in them like Riv and GF.

2 Likes

DH surprised me with a resort view at the contemporary fir our anniversary last year but it was before fireworks were back and the incredible refurbished so it’s back on the list :wink: and we did a Nemo room at AOA. We try to take advantage of the best CM deal DD can get to decide. It’s nice being local so we can relax and enjoy the single night, not having to try and fit so much park time in.

2 Likes

I agree w/ this whole heartedly! It makes such a big difference in the experience. We’ve been enjoying the time to explore the resort areas, try new things/food.