Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

I’ve been thinking about starting this thread for awhile. I’ve lived in various parts of Florida on/off in my life. This is the closest to the parks ever (1hr drive). So as I sit here eating lunch at captain Hooks, seeing a bit of SM I thought I’d start it. (Came to SoG ITT cuz Patrick AFB itt is only open 3 hrs per week).

I would love to hear from other locals; how often do you visit? Do you ever stay on property? Which parks do you go to in the area? I couldn’t tag both universal and Disney setting this up. Tips tricks or maybe you want to share an awesome photo w/o doing a full trip report. Have any of you been able to successfully renew your AP; I should be able to next week. :crossed_fingers:
BTW: it’s a gorgeous day here today even if I’m listening to routine maintenance on the playground next to the pool. Cheers!

Oh, all posters are welcome.

12 Likes

This is a great idea! I will not be posting (as a non-local) but I will be following along! :blush:

6 Likes

Oh, another thing… the guy at the SoG ITT desk predicted/warned of a busier than usual summer :flushed::grimacing:

3 Likes

Thanks! Anyone can post. I think lots of regulars have great tips too. I’m curious to see how many locals there are here in the TP discussion threads. They might be in the chat app more :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

What is this?

I would not expect busier than usual (maybe for them but not the resort in general) with several resorts not even opening and park caps remaining - for now - at 35%. And discounts offered (to sell rooms that they aren’t otherwise selling)

Unless ITT means something not park related?

3 Likes

I wonder if he was thinking of just SoG? I’m not sure if the ban to travel to FL for RnR has been lifted (active duty). I know in the past that when SoG was full they would offer to put us in another Disney resort at SoG rates. Rates at SoG are based on rank and their basic rooms are bigger than a Disney studio.

2 Likes

And I Just walked past Captain Hooks about 30 minutes ago

2 Likes

That makes more sense to me (but what is ITT)

1 Like

No way!?! Well I’m in the car now waiting for it to cool off a bit.

Information, Tickets & Travel.

2 Likes

I’m not local. I just wanted to say that I’m jealous of your Thai coconut meatballs.

4 Likes

Not local. Having lunch with the best view in MK. I average about 45-50 park days a year. Enjoy your day.

12 Likes

That is basically part-time local!

7 Likes

Now you are sending like my DW. I think she is just jealous she can’t come down as many days as I do.

3 Likes

Woah! Do you live in driving distance?

1 Like

Nope, PA

2 Likes

I agree. That’s impressive. If my goal is 1-2x per week that is 52-104 days per year. I can do it! :wink: my DH cannot go as much and I refuse to let him make me feel guilty!

5 Likes

:laughing::laughing:

Not to be confused with sweetened tiger balls.

6 Likes

Exactly! :rofl:

2 Likes

What a fun idea! I am pretty newly local. Moved from AZ September 2019, got about 5 months use on our first ever AP’s before the world shut down. Just renewed those in February, YAY! DD20 and I try to go about once a week (heading to EPCOT today) at least until next semester when her school goes back to in person. Might be harder to go that often. We are about 45 minutes away on a good traffic day but usually closer to an hour drive so we haven’t stayed on property since a vacation back in 2016 before we moved here. I won’t say we never will but no plans in the near future to stay on site when home is so close. Haven’t had the chance to visit other parks in the area yet(aside from universal during that 2016 vaca) but hope to soon.

3 Likes