LL and Genie for one day at HS?

I’m honestly surprised that @OBNurseNH hasn’t made some comment…

2 Likes

Ha!

@OBNurseNH would have if she were following this thread! :wink:

5 Likes

So you’re saying about 55 people are being loaded on the attraction from the LL queue and 45 people from Standby in the same time period?

No.

Assuming the 50-60% figure is accurate it means that if 10,000 rides are taken in a day 5k-6k will be LL’s. It’s an average for the day.

Thanks for the explanation. So, certain times (large portions) in a day the LL would have no time saving benefit over standby?

1 Like

No, let me back up a bit.

Click Merge point and immediately pause for an illustration. See the point where FP and standby queues merge? At the merge point, the (assumed for illustration) 4:1 LL:standby ratio determines how many guests from LL (assume there are any) get to go for 1 guest from standby. After the merge point, LL and standby are equal.

If LL and standby queues were always full then 4-1 translates into 4 / (4+1) = 80% of capacity dedicated to LL. But LL isn’t always full, because not every guest buys G+, LL’s sell out, some return slots don’t get booked, sometimes G+ guests don’t show up for their return window, etc. When LL queue is empty standby presumably gets 100%. So the net capacity that goes to LL is probably less than 80%. mikejs78 saw a 50-60% figure posted which sounds plausible to me. What does this mean practically speaking? It means on average as a standby guest you will have approx 1-1.5x as many LL’s as are in the standby line cut in front of you. But it will vary a lot by ride, time of day, etc. and in theory is included in posted wait times.

How much you as an LL guest have to wait is a different question. Assuming 4-1 merge ratio you get to skip ~80% of the standby line. (Technically 80% of the pre-merge standby line but merge point is usually close to front of line so probably immaterial). In practice I found (and others have reported) that LL waits are very short (5-15 mins). I did once have a 30 minute LL wait for TT late in the day prob b/c of earlier ride breakdowns. This stands in contrast to FP+ which I’ve read commonly had 15-30 min waits consistent with more guests using FP+ than G+ as mikejs78 said.

Hope that helps. Btw, the video I linked is Defunctlands great FP+ history video and a great primer on all the Disney line skipping systems over the years and I found it very helpful to understand G+.

3 Likes

Ah right, what i said didn’t make sense because at some point in one’s SB queue wait, there will be people entering the LL.

What I’d really like to know is if any recent visitors had 0 wait in the LL because nobody was in the queue.

That’s a good question and would be a valuable clue. To be precise, it’s 0 pre-merge LL wait you’d have to ask about. i.e. did you walk through the LL straight through to merge and being told to go through immediately. My own memory is kinda fuzzy but I do remember a few cases of this. Mostly I was focused on how long it took in total to actually ride. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Written proof men can admit they are wrong! :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Beat me to it. Dang! I was gonna tell him to not be too hard on himself but forgot! :joy:

2 Likes