LIVE Trip Report: Pop Century July 2nd-July 9th

You will love Pop we have stayed there 5 times! Be sure and get a pool preferred room and you will be close to the food court/transportation. I would probably not take a taxi to the CR just take the bus to MK and then hop on the Monorail.

1 Like

So here I am, just 2 days to goā€¦ I thought I would be a nervous wreck at this point, but strangely I am not. Itā€™s amazing, as just a month ago I was running around with my head cut off, worrying about ADRā€™s and FP and touring routes and parades and timingā€¦ Now I am just relaxing. I feel confident that no matter what happens (or doesnā€™t happen) I am going to have a magical time. Itā€™s amazing the relief you feel, once you find a site like this, where your peers can give you advice & help ease that worry.

So now that I am down to the wireā€¦ I have officially printed off all my customized touring plans, downloaded the app for TP as well as Disney & finally printed off the maps of the parks (from Kenny the Pirate, I like the character finder maps the best). I wouldnā€™t have thought of this, but a liner suggested I also printed off the ā€œitineraryā€ pages from mydisney.com. It gives you the details of your reservations & fast passes. The Disney and TP apps have been messing up a lot on my tablet & phone, so it will be a good back up if all else fails.

Iā€™ve also went to the Dollar Storeā€™s & Party Storeā€™s in my area to pick up little Disney Trinketsā€¦ Also a good tip I received from Liners!!! I put a variety of these little items in little party bags, then when my kiddo is waiting in line for the bus/a ride/to eat, I can pull a bag out & surprise her with something to do. Most of the items are basic & cheap, so if she loses them or breaks them, there is no stress. I found a lot of cool little ā€œgamesā€ at the Party Store, such as Disney themed rubix cubes or paddle boards or bubbles or sticker scenes or binoculars, which are tiny enough to fit in a party bag & carry. The Dollar Store had more of the figurines and glow sticks.

Lastly, my Disney themed tank tops arrived from JCPenny.com last night & they are fabulous. I was having a hard time finding adult shirts in my area (little old Vermont). But I lucked out online. If you donā€™t search around, you could be paying top $ for Disney gearā€¦ so watch out!!! I found Ariel, Mickey, Cinderella & Lion King tank tops for only about $10 each (on sale ironically). Canā€™t wait to wear them!!!

Iā€™ve noticed that I have been getting an email from Disney everyday now, informing me of other opportunities I can choose to do while I am there. However, I feel like my plate is already fullā€¦ so I am just going to stick with the plan. Itā€™s amazing how much they try to get you to do while there!!!

9 Likes

AYYYY! I AM EXCITED FOR YOU AND ESME! :grinning:
I looked through some of the room locations that face the giant YoYo that you requested and WOW! What a super fun location/view you requested!
Donā€™t forget to come back and let us know if you got the room you requested or something close by :smile:
Have fun, soak up every moment and watch every expression on Esmeā€™s face-they will be priceless!

2 Likes

@TashaM Iā€™m not sure if you looked through your MDE app. Under Guest Services, the Disney Photopass Services has the locations of their photographers. Picture Spots is also neat too.

3 Likes

Thanks @Lynn70053, I didnā€™t see that! SUPER helpful! I was thinking I could explore the app more once I was at the airportā€¦ Maybe I should reconsider! @spoerlx3 I thought it was a fun spot! I will def let you know & take picturesā€¦ FINGERS crossed.

Donā€™t forget your magic shots. I may have posted this already, but it doesnā€™t hurt to share again:

http://capturingmagic.me/photopass-magic-shots

Have a great flight, easy travel and lots of magic! Cannot wait to hear your trip and thoughts.

2 Likes

I have a bag of similar trinkets, but I wrapped them all in tissue paper and put them into the ā€œsurprise bag.ā€ If my boys have good behavior all (or most) of the day they get to pick from the surprise bag at night. I stole this from my mom who used to save all the toys from the cereal boxes (remember those?) all year long for the vacation surprise bag.

Good incentive @tjkjbartonā€¦ My mom used to do the same things with saving the toys from the cereal boxes & from McDonaldā€™s happy meals! Bah ha ha! Itā€™s so funny that you mention that. I decided to give them to her while in lines b/c she is very ADHD and gets very antsy in lineā€¦ so this was my way of alleviating the ā€œCUT IT OUT CHILDā€ moments. I do not see anything wrong with bribes - Iā€™d rather bribe than scream!

Thanks @Jedilogray! I wrote down this link before, so I am sure you gave it to meā€¦ But itā€™s super helpful!!! We are very theatrical, so magic shots is right up my alley!

And FYI: I just got my first reminder email for my first ADR on Thursday ---- OMG! ITā€™s REALLY HAPPENING!

I have an ADHD child too. Am crossing my fingers for no in public meltdowns.

:smile: I just got the TP update that our fax was sent and I had the same reaction: Itā€™s really happening!!

1 Like

Congrats! So exciting! Maybe our ADHD children will run into each other while we are at Disney!

1 Like

Happy to hear you are ready to go and feeling calm. I find that the panning can be stressful, but once it is done you can relax each day at the parks and just follow your plan. When we went in April 2014 I had planned everything for all 8 days. There was only one thing we didnā€™t get to on our TP, watching the Water Pageant from the Poly beach after dinner at Oā€™hana. I wasnā€™t feeling well and decided to make it an early evening instead. But we literally did everything else I had planned. Hope you have the same success!

1 Like

@Wahoohokie, I am so glad you wrote this:

This gives me a lot of hope and optimism.

2 Likes

The plans work! It does help that my kids are older (they were 10&12) and donā€™t try to veer off the plan each day!

We went to Tonyā€™s in December. It was very good, and we had prime viewing of the parade when we finished dinner!

1 Like

Yay! We are at the airport!

15 Likes

WOO HOO!!! Such a cute picture of you 2! Have a magical adventure and donā€™t forget to let us know if you got the room you chose at POP!

1 Like

So I am in the air, heading to Orlando. Like a complete idiot, I forgot my kiddos headphonesā€¦ so I had to buy some at JFK. Its a lifesaver to have TV with an ADHD child.

However, I learned the hard way why you pack LIGHT with kids. Its a complete mess trying to roll a carry on, push a stroller, carry kiddos backpack on one shoulder and carry my laptop on the other shoulderā€¦ Needless to say its not a pretty site.

I am proud of my kiddo, as this is her first time flyingā€¦ and she wasnā€™t scared ag bit. She even got a set of ā€œwingsā€ from the flight attendant, which made her feel special.

I will say that JetBlue makes it really wasy with kids. They let us board first. They take our stroller at the plane door, then return it at the door when we get off. Plus they give lots of free snacks!

And we canā€™t forget about Elsaā€¦ sheā€™s having the time of her life!

11 Likes

OMG!! Itā€™s happening. Have a magical time!! You two look awesome, and she looks soooo happy.

Have fun! We stayed at Pop for the first time last fall and we really liked it. I look forward to reading the rest of the report. :smile: