Live-ish Trip Report: Birthday Week in the World with DH

Do you mind sharing a pic of their bus schedule? Thanks!

1 Like

That platter is amazing! Well done!

Have THE BEST time!

2 Likes

7 Likes

We were starving, so settled on Polite Pig, as there was no wait & plenty of tables (and I hadn’t wanted to make an ADR in case of travel delays). Chicken sandwich was delicious, and the Mac and cheese was good too. Pork sandwich and barbecue fries were just ok.

13 Likes

Excellent! Thank you!

That looks delicious!

Thank you for the room pictures! I have a room on the books there for our December trip and am on the fence about cancelling for an on site room. I’m going to hold off cancelling for the time being! Thanks for your views! (PS, I had tried to book Blacklane for a ride to the local stadium for a game and they cancelled on me! So far not impressed, though I really wanted to be!)

1 Like

Walked around Disney Springs, mainly the East side, for a couple hours after lunch. Because we’re at the Hilton, we could take the overpass right over, less than a 5 minute leisurely walk.

Walked over to Gideon’s and saw a short line - assumed they were doing virtual queue. Asked the CM and nope! Just a ridiculously short standby queue - we waited about 10 minutes total to get inside, then another 3 minutes or so in the inside queue. Got a chocolate chip and a triple chocolate chip cookie - we split the chocolate chip and only managed to get halfway through it between the both of us, ha.

Also popped over to Disney Photo Pass Studios (fun, but because it’s indoors, it all still mask required which is a bit of a bummer…) Good news is I don’t have to wait in the line for the headless horseman magic shot at BB tonight now!

Got my birthday celebration button at World of Disney then decided we should also probably stop into Amorette’s patisserie for a birthday cake. Got the haunted mansion mini-cake to take back to our hotel. Will share photos of it when we actually eat it, lol.

Now, back to the hotel for a little nap before getting ready for Boo Bash tonight. Looking forward to hopefully running into @naviheart.

19 Likes

I’ll try to get you a few more pics of other areas throughout the week. It’s definitely a conference hotel, so expect efficiency rather than pixie dust. So far, so good for us though.

For us, this hotel stay is 100% free - paid for in points, and they don’t charge a resort fee on points bookings. So I really can’t complain!

5 Likes

5 minutes after getting into Boo Bash and I already had a liner meet! Ladies and gents, may I present Gaston, Belle, @NaviHeart and pirate Eric!

25 Likes

Yay! Liner meet!

2 Likes

Checking in from Boo Bash. They let us through tap at about 6:45, so a little early. We knocked out BTMRR, Pirates, Aladdin, and Jungle Cruise all before HEA. Watched HEA from Liberty Square, then hightailed it to HM for basically a walk-on. By the time we came out, lines were to the gates.

This was right around 9, official party time, so we grabbed a water and Mickey sandwich right when it opened. Walked on IASW, now in line for PPF next to a VERY convincing Winnifred Sanderson - kids are taking pics with her.

Not too bad for less than an hour into the “official” event.

12 Likes

Had a great time overall at Boo Bash tonight. After my last update, we did teacups, dumbo, Winnie the Pooh all as walk ons, then did SDMT with about a 12 minute wait. After that was TLPM, SRS, SM and AO - also all as walk ons.

We also trick or treated at about 5 stops and have so much candy (to add to the cookies and cake already in our room from earlier). Also got a Mickey bar to compare to my earlier Mickey sandwich and have Re-affirmed that the sandwich is superior!

Once we’d finished all the rides we headed back to the hub just in time to see the maleficent cavalcade breathing fire. After that, it was about 11:45, so we called it and headed back to the hotel.

Overall, I think Boo Bash was the perfect event for a couple like us (no young kids, ride-centric, had not tried to do another park already that day). We did every single ride we wanted to do in all of MK during the BB window. Our actual MK day can now focus on shows, food, and atmosphere - it really took the pressure off. But other than spying a few nice costumes, it didn’t feel particularly haloween-y to me. So I see why there’s a split of opinion on these. To us, it was 100% worth it.

20 Likes

Some really beautiful castle pics right there!

3 Likes

Today is our Epcot day! We got a slightly late start today - made it to tap at 10:30 but had already missed rope drop.

Still, thanks to some fast walking, we managed to book it to FEA before they’d actually started letting people on. ~20 minute wait, most of it in the inside queue. Then GFT was a walk on and when we got off saw there were some tables open in La Cava del Tequila, so that’s where we are now! I’m having the Black Magic margarita, and the hubby is having the Maelstrom. He also insisted on queso, despite my recommendation that we skip it to make room for more F&W treats. (But it’s his vacation too, so sometimes ya gotta make allowances! :laughing:)

16 Likes

After cava, we continued rides with Mission Space, then a rather extended wait to get this magic shot photo (not due to the cm, but rather due to the ridiculous guests who couldn’t control their tantruming kids 2 in front of us…I’m not a parent, but maybe if your toddler is having a meltdown, that’s not the ideal time to have them pose for a complicated photo?)

After that we did Nemo and the seas for a bit before starting the food and wine offerings. We’ve done flavors from fire, lobster landing, donut box and brew-wing so far. Unfortunately, DH isn’t dealing with the heat very well (despite fans and frog togs) so we’re taking it quite a bit slower than expected, spending more times in AC breaks…but hey, more time to live post, right?!

16 Likes

We’ve continued touring around the world with stops at:
-Mexico (our favorite booth today, actually)
-Norway ( had a troll horn to wait out a little rain)
-Refreshemnt Port
-Kenya
-Alps
-Germany
-Italy
-Spain
-Fife & Drum
-Rotunda Bistro
-Hops & Barley
-Japan
-Greece
-Morocco
-Ireland
-Canada
-Appleseed Orchard

…and that’s where we ran into @dianelynn!

21 Likes

Well, we’re apparently too old to go rope drop to park close, lol, which is just one of the lessons we learned today :laughing:

After our liner meet, we finished our F&W offerings with Australia and Refreshment Port. At that point, it was around 7 and we had finished all our must-dos but also were just beat. We discussed posting up somewhere to see fireworks when DH had the stroke of genius, “ya know…if we go watch Soarin, we’ll get to see some Epcot fireworks, and not have to wait.”

Which is exactly what we did. Soarin was a walk on, and we enjoyed front row center for our flight before calling it a day and heading home for an early night.

Back at the hotel, we learned another lesson: we discovered that our hotel is apparently hosting some sort of arm wrestling competition this week?? This does explain the propensity of muscle shirts I’ve seen around the hotel…

And then, our final lesson from today came when looking at our memory maker photos from today. That’s where I learned that no matter how many photo pass photographers you stop for in Epcot, they’re all probably just gonna put Remy in your hand, lol:

22 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

Yay for a liner meet! Great pics even if they are all of Remy. :joy: at the arm wrestling comp!

4 Likes