Linking MDE accounts for leaading reservations purposes

Okay techies and MDE experts…

I have a reservation through a travel agent, on my MDE account. I want to book a leading reservation, but don’t want my travel agent to see that I am playing games. (I know). Is it possible to make the leading res under an MDE account I would create for my husband (who is currently under my account now)? (For that matter, would doing that even accomplish my objective–would the travel agent still be able to see this res since I will also be attached to it)?

Does your travel agent actually have access to your MDE? I have booked multiple times through MVT and now have a reservation with Pixie dust and Pirate Hooks, and every time the agent just gives me the reservation number which I then link to my MDE. They don’t actually have any access to my MDE, so when I book leading reservations, they would never know that I have done that (or that I have booked split stays during the same trip with other agents or WDW themselves). I have used leading reservations for years, and will again for our holiday trip. I am not sure if it can be on another MDE though, that seems overly complicated but that doesn’t mean it won’t work. I also think your agent could see that reservation if it was linked. Did you give your agent your MDE password? Otherwise she will never know what you have booked.

1 Like

I think I did give her my password in connection w other trips–in the past, she has booked my FPP’s for me.

BUT, now that you say that, I could just change my password and tell her I am booking my FPP’s myself. That might just work! Thanks for the thought.

1 Like

Can you have two hotel reservations on the same MDE with overlapping dates?

Yes

1 Like

Definitely–for example, what if someone needs more than one room for family coming on slightly different dates? MDE allows it.

1 Like

So if my real reservation is for 3 days, and I do an abutting leading reservation for 8 days, that means I book my FPP 71 days before the start of the leading res, right? (I always forget exactly how the timing works).

1 Like

You only get to book FPs at 60 days before the start of the first reservation. Which will be 68 days before the start of your actual reservation.

It will make no difference to your ADR booking. Both reservations will have separate booking windows.

1 Like

Agree with the others, yes you can.

I would book the leading reservation to overlap all dates of your real trip. I used to always just book one that ended on the day my real reservations started for FPP, but with date based tickets not sure if that works anymore. I have a friend doing this right now and tomorrow is her FPP day. I can let you know if that worked okay. if it doesn’t, she will make a new stay that includes all dates so the window will open. I like this tool to tell me when my FPP window will open, just plug in your arrival date (not your real date if doing a leading reservation):
www.pscalculator.net

I booked FP with a leading but not overlapping reservation today.

1 Like

Are you all keeping your leading or canceling? If canceling, when do you cancel?
I have a leading reservation for my November trip, I am now past my true 60 days. Curious what you all plan to do :slight_smile:

Cool. Did you have date specific tickets? I know it works for APs and non date specific tickets, but wasn’t sure if it still works that way for date specific which is what my friend booking tomorrow has.

You can cancel once you are inside your official 60 day window.

1 Like

2 AP + 4 date specific. Worked just like normal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks!
I have done this for years, just wasn’t sure if things have changed since all the changes back at the beginning of summer. :slight_smile:

1 Like