"Liners Running In Disney" - runDisney & Training Support Thread

Great thread! Thanks for starting it Meetmeatthepoly! I’m curious about the Wine and Dine event. Is it as fun as the other races?

1 Like

@deejason - Of the 3 runDisney events I’ve participated in, Wine & Dine Half was my favorite. I loved running/walking through 3 parks at night, (Osborne Lights & Tree of Life were my favorite parts.)

There were plenty of fun character stops too.

Thanks! I’m thinking is like to try to sign up for it next year. Sounds great! I’ve had a lot of fun marathon weekend. Going to try the Princess half in Feb. A night time run would be fun!

2 Likes

I’m “carbo loading” for tonight’s run - sausage, egg, and cheese on a big fat bagel. :smiley:

3 Likes

Just back from a 6.85 mile run. Got in my 10K for Nerdherd Lord of the Bling. 4 days running break - no running at WDW for me!

5 Likes

Nice run - is that your standard distance? I run 5K two times a week, and then do 10K on my LSD day.

Thanks! I think I went a little crazy at sign ups!!!

1 Like

@brklinck. Right now I’m doing Galloway 10K training app. It’s two shorter runs and one long run each week. I just finished week 7. The short runs are 2.85 miles but I usually stretch them to about 3.5. The long run varies throughout the training.

1 Like

OK - strapping on my kicks and going out for a 5K :running:

3 Likes

Go @brklinck!

@mom_loves_Mickey I signed up for all three races too at PHM, I remember that you are from stamford, we should plan a princess half meet!

2 Likes

I’m moving my morning run to the afternoon today as it won’t be too hot and I HATE morning runs. Will run before making dinner.

1 Like

Good morning! I ran 3.38 miles last night. I hope to do 4 day after tomorrow. After taking a couple of years off and just starting the Jeff Galloway beginner plan for Wine & Dine a few weeks ago, hills were a little easier yesterday. Happy training everybody!

3 Likes

Good morning! Great job @meet! Way to tackle those hills! They are hard but they make you stronger!!

1 Like

Yes! I love my liner meet ups! A bit nervouse about doing all three races but planning on walking the 5k, and taking the 10 k easy too. Hope to get lots of pictures ! The half was such fun last year! Are you in CT @Dana1016, I forget where?

1 Like

THANK YOU (still…panting…)

1 Like

@Mom_loves_Mickey -

Photo stops are the best!

Just did a long and slow run! So much better than the morning.

1 Like

For better or worse, I got my 5K in today. It wasn’t pretty (never is!) but I did it. I hope to LOVE running like @KeliJ does one day. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

I loved it last week, @maccys_mousehouse . Luke Bryan was at my gym. It was AWESOME until I fell off the treadmill because I was too busy staring at him to concentrate on staying upright.

2 Likes