Liners in Michigan? Check in here

Looking to hear from our Michiganders. The flooding there is awful with the dams breached. Please let us know you are okay!!

4 Likes

The flooding is nowhere near us (near Ann Arbor), so we’re perfectly safe in our household. But we’ve had so much rain in the past couple days, and it was weirdly circling back on itself (basically going from east to west). We get a lot of “Flood warnings” from The Weather Channel app, but this situation is beyond anything I would have ever thought possible!

I hope there’s no one from Midland area here. If they are, it might be a while before we hear from them.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you’re okay! Stay well.

I know of at least one Liner who IS from midland and who pops in from time to time. I won’t say who in case she prefers I don’t share that info. I’ve been in touch with her as of last night and she is safe. It got me to wondering if there might be others?

4 Likes

Yeah, we’re on the west side of the state. No concern over here for that flooding. I feel terrible for those poor people though dealing with 2 emergencies at once!

2 Likes

I know. I am worried about illness spike related to evacuations and necessary close quarters - nothing you can to. Risk benefit falls in favor of evacuation sites; deal with illness later.

3 Likes

Fortunately, up to now, the number of cases in Midland county have been very low…so the risk of spread is probably minimal. (Not that it is zero, but quite different from if this were happening in Wayne county, for example, where Detroit is located.)

1 Like

I’m in Lansing, and parts of town by the rivers are flooded, but no major issues here. I feel terrible for people in Midland though. 2020 is really piling it on.

2 Likes

I heard something about the dam waters mixing with Dow’s contaminant water? I hope that’s not going to get into the ecosystem and the watershed.

It’s a small world after all :musical_note:… We are in Ann Arbor as well!

The rain has been extreme, my sister is just west of us and lives on a private dirt road, her road is flooded and no one can get in or out with a vehicle right now, but her home is safe up on a hill.

I read about this as well. I feel so badly fo those poor people, not only are their homes destroyed, but the land and water systems could be contaminated, so devastating for that whole area.

2 Likes