Liner Daily Tip #313 – “Walking” DVC Reservations

OK, this tip is for DVC owners or people who are renting DVC points from very accommodating DVC owners.

“Walking” a DVC reservation is a way to help get some of the more difficult reservations, like AKV Value rooms. Check out http://www.chipandco.com/walking-dvc-room-reservation-160335/ for details on how to do this.

4 Likes

Thanks for this post @brklinck I have never heard of this practice. My DH and I are currently in the DVC purchase process, so hopefully in a few weeks we’ll pass ROFR and can proudly state that we are DVC owners.

I’m curious to know how many people actually “walk” their reservation back? We don’t like to go during peak times so I guess I’ll have to see if I need to do this.

I believe that it is a pretty common practice. Remember, high demand times for DVC are not necessarily peak crowd times, as many owners want to go when the point cost is low so that they get the most bang for their buck. Also, there are certain villas, like AKV Values, that are are always in high demand and therefore hard to get.

Very good point! Thank you again for this information - hopefully I’ll have to use it soon :slight_smile: