Liner Daily Tip #300 - Crowd Predictions

People frequently ask “How crowded will WDW be on date X?” The easy answer is to look at the Crowd Calendar Disney Crowd Calendar, which has detailed predictions. That’s what it’s there for, folks. :slight_smile:

But the Crowd Calendar only goes out for 1 year, so what do you do if you are a super-advance planner? A good trick is to look at the same time period in the current Crowd Calendar. By time period I mean relative days, not the actual dates, so if you are planning a trip starting on Nov 7, 2015 (the 1st Saturday in Nov 2015), you would look at the Crowd calendar starting Nov 1, 2014 (the 1st Saturday in Nov 2014).

That being said, you should also look at the notes at http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-levels and adjust for any holidays/events that might be occurring in the reference time period that are not occurring in your actual time period and vice versa. For example, Easter is April 5, 2015 and March 27, 2016. So, if you are planning a trip that includes April 5, 2016, you will want to adjust the reference Crowd Calendar predictions to account for the fact that you are NOT going during Easter.

Confused? You won’t be after this week’s episode of Soap.

2 Likes

And now I have the theme song from Soap stuck in my head…

Could be worse. I have the theme song from Charles in Charge stuck in mine.

1 Like

Thankfully I do not know that one. And I’m NOT going to Google it… :wink:

1 Like

Easter is March 27 in 2016? Yikes! That should make for HUGE crowds. Thanks! :slight_smile: