Liner cat pictures thread

It is pretty amazing what we find in the stomachs of cats and especially dogs. Underwear, coins, all kinds of toys. Recently I had a case of a cat not eating. I could feel something that felt like a bunch of coils in its stomach. I took an X-ray and was questioning the owner about different things that the cat could have gotten into when she asked if a hair tie would look like that on x-ray. I told her it would look exactly like that but times 30. It turned out that every night she would take out a hair tie that would be missing the next morning. This went on for a month! After a quick surgery to remove the wad of hair ties and a ban on future hair ties the cat was fine!

3 Likes

My little kitty in my profile picture is just 2 weeks out from surgery to remove her favorite treat-yarn? She must have eaten an entire Christmas ornament given how much they pulled out. Stupid cat. It’s hard to convince the 9 year old to not leave crafting supplies out.

1 Like

I’m glad she is doing better! Yarn is the worst since it gets stuck on their rough tongues and they can’t really spit it out.

1 Like

Oh, she doesn’t want to spit it out, she wants to eat it all! :joy: it’s so bad, when I knit, I have to keep it all on my lap or she’ll have chewed through before I notice what she’s doing.

2 Likes

Um…yeah…:mouse:

1 Like

That unfortunate scene from Alien just came to mind. :open_mouth:

1 Like

It was very much like that!

1 Like

Orion likes to nuzzle down under the covers. So I’m not super surprised that Mo didn’t run away from the blankets!

1 Like

He usually bolts as soon as one touches him. Not that night though!

1 Like

Luna and Orion enjoying their belated Christmas presents.

12 Likes

Not a pic but a funny cat story- as some of you may know my son and I had a long, intense chat about college last night. And the cat was not having it.

At first I was kneeling over the stair railing talking with DS, and Longmire stood up on his back legs and batted at my face & ran away several times. After a while I moved all the way downstairs to see what was on DS’s computer screen. All the time ignoring the cat.

Finally, he got up on the table behind me and leapt onto my shoulders! Longmire has never, ever done this before.

We got him during DS’s senior year in high school and he’s use to having my undivided attention. When he’s awake, he follows me around the house like a devoted dog. Cats are supposed to be aloof, but mine never have been. This one certainly is affectionate.

4 Likes

These are all of my kitty Pixel. She is 4.

Pixel after receiving a blanket from my husband, which she pretended to hate but then obviously loved.

Cats are very strange.

Our beautiful girl in her favorite place - a box.

My dog Iris often tries to convince Pixel that they are very best friends, but Pixel doesn’t seem to be buying it.

14 Likes

I really love your pictures ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! My husband loves our cat, maybe more than he loves the rest of us, so she has the run of the place. Lots of opportunities for photos.

2 Likes

LOL maybe he just wants the cat to think that but I really hope it’s not true !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My husband is a very nice guy but it may in fact be true. Some weekend days he won’t get out of bed for hours for myself of my daughter, but if my cat needs feeding he hops up like a jack in the box. :joy:

4 Likes

That’s an awesome shot @Pod!! Wow!

1 Like

Thanks! That deer is actually on a small wooden landing just above the patio. Deer on decks make quite a racket, and they ran over to check it out. I imagine they were wondering if it was the biggest mouse they’d ever seen!

2 Likes

My two fur babies, they have their own IG page if anyone is interested in following their antics @altatoquimakittens

10 Likes

LOVE the ginger!!!