Line Etiquette question

And yes, I’ve gotten clipped in the ankle by a stroller at DL. Not fun. Even when we had to use a stroller for our wee one, I abhorred them in the parks. Now, I see them as a necessary evil (2 year olds have as much right to the magic as we do!) and feel more prone to pitying the parents than judging them, as I’ve walked 3 miles in their shoes.

As someone who has maneuvered a stroller through rope drops and crowd level 9s, I can say there are two sides to the stroller assault issue. Strollers take up more room than a person. If I have a stroller and I’m trying to get through a crowd, what am I supposed to do when people are pushing around me and stepping in front of me? Some people push around you or stop in front of you. They maybe deserve a little bit of assault. Courtesy to all guests would go a long way.

This is what I mean by pity. It ain’t easy. I was “assaulted” during the cattle drive toward the main gate after fireworks. Not because I stepped in front of them, but because the 5,000 people in front of me were going to slow for the lady’s liking. But more often, I do see people not respecting strollers and being POd when they get clipped by their own fault.

1 Like

TOTALLY two sides to this.
1 - There are some that use STROLLERS as battering rams
2 - There are some that have now clue and stop with no warning or cut right in front of you.

The sad thing as a whole is that I feel that the level of civility has gone way down. People as a whole don’t know how to act. Some people have limited manners. You have to give someone a break when they do something “stupid” especially when they admit to it. But people are getting way to ME ME ME and don’t look at the larger picture. Remember you are on VACATION - don’t let other people wreck it.

1 Like

I absolutely disagree with you.

1 Like

How many times are you willing to slam on the breaks before you’re fed up. I can honestly see both sides.

1 Like

I think that is the right attitude!! We need to change how things are done by BEING the change. Let the other person ahead, be polite, be civil. It will come back to reward you. If nothing else - you will have acted the way you mom would want you to act.

2 Likes

By “fed up” you mean assault someone? I wouldn’t.

I don’t mean accelerate the stroller to hit them. I mean stop working your muscles to death coming to a screeching halt to avoid hitting them.

1 Like

So, a passive assault? Again, I wouldn’t. I don’t take it personally when someone stops in front of me. Many times they stopped because the person in front of them stopped, or fell, or tripped.

1 Like

Not talking about stopping in front of you. Talking about someone that shoves by you and then cuts your stroller off, to get in front of you. You had a responsible 12 inches in front of your stroller, now someone has brushed by you and the only way to avoid hitting them is to yank back on the stroller. With all your strength. This is a many times daily interaction someone faces if they take a young child to a crowded Disney park.

1 Like

For the last time, I wouldn’t assault someone for shoving past me in a crowd to get in front of me. If it’s that difficult to navigate a stroller with a young child through the crowded park without being aggressive and assaulting others, then perhaps the parents should find the least crowded time to visit, or admit that Disney is not the best vacation choice.

3 Likes

Yes, the solution that DISNEY is not the best place to visit with a child. Just find something to do where you can stay out of everyone’s way. If you have actually taken a young child to Disney and feel this way, you are a saint.

Thank you :angel:

3 Likes

I didn’t know my grade school was named after you! Wait until my sms friends hear I know THE ST. MONICA!

3 Likes

Monica is the patron saint of:

Difficult marriages, disappointing children, victims of adultery or unfaithfulness, victims of (verbal) abuse, and conversion of relatives

:smiley:

4 Likes

Oh I know. I had to stare at that statue for nine years lol.

2 Likes

Is there a shrine to visit? Or maybe medals being produced? :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, but it is very important that you leave your strollers at home :blush:

1 Like

Well, I think I can handle that…my sons are 31 and 26… :grinning:

2 Likes