Like Han without Chewy...I’m Solo (a sorta live trip report) (COMPLETE)

online check in allowed me to skip the registration desk. I used TP to request my room and though I didn’t get the exact one, I got the one right next door!
Hopped a bus to Disney Springs just to take in the atmosphere (and some Morimoto Street Food!)

13 Likes

Stopped to listen to the sax player. He was fun.
(Won’t let me post the video, so you’re outta luck) waiting for the bus to call it a night. Gotta be at MK bright and early!!!

12 Likes

I hope you have a wonderful solo trip, so very happy for you that DW finally said okay. Have fun!

1 Like

Love it. Can’t wait to follow along tomorrow! Sleep well and may tomorrow be full of magic and excellent extra FPs!!!

I’m glad you got there safely Rob! How exciting :neutral_face:!
Have an amazing day in MK, at least you won’t be meeting any mad Brits there today! :grin: have fun!

Good morning all. Up early this morning. Grabbed a cold brew coffee and a croissant from the food court and was at the bus stop at 7:05. Just missed the MK bus! So first in line for the next one, where I had to listen to a mom berate a daughter and dad because they were late and will most likely miss their 8am reservation. She was more worried about gettting into the park early than she was the meal (she will be disappointed with the current entrance policy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
On the bus now and passing the contemporary. Let the Magic Begin!!

10 Likes

So excited for you Rob! I hope this adventure is all that you hope for it to be!

I can’t wait to hear all the details and live vicariously through your trip!

Think of me if you ride Peter Pan!

1 Like

First official ride…omnibus up Main Street. Took a video, but…not uploading to iTunes to be able to share until I get home.

Just a few minutes til the park opens. I have a prime spot for the show.

21 Likes

I love riding the Main St vehicles!

2 Likes

Have all the fun today!!! Stay hydrated!

2 Likes

Hope your day is fabulous.

Hope you are having a fabulous day. Looking forward to seeing more.

12:30 and I’ve accomplished a lot
Omnibus
Peter Pan

it’s a small world

Under the Sea

TTA
CoP

Lunch at Columbia Harbor House

HoP

Country Bears

And now I’m waiting for Tiki room.

18 Likes

So what I’ve discovered is that a whiney child sounds like a whiney child no matter what language they speak :joy:

15 Likes

A day of Disney classics - lovin’ it!

You’re doing well!

I’ve ridden BTMRR

and taken a break over on TSI. Sad the rocking chair is missing from the dock by the Fort but still peaceful! I sat there for 20ish minutes and timed the trains. In case you’re wondering the BRMRR trains are averaging 50 seconds apart at the moment.
Snagged a Dole Whip (they really do taste better here!)
Walked Main Street and picked up some little gifts. Now I’ve found a cool spot up in the train station. Still have 1:45 to kill before my JC FP.

16 Likes

You are killin’ this day!!!

How are the crowds and the heat???

1 Like

So I can see the allure of being a local and being able to pop in and spend a few hours. I have been enjoying myself a lot, but I do miss my family being with me. It’s a different experience and much like comparing apples and oranges.
If I was here more often, I’d head out now. It’s getting crazy busy! But I’m looking forward to MK at night! So I’m trucking on °o°

10 Likes

Crowds are way bigger than I’m used to in October. A good touring plan is key (and getting here early) The temps are bigger too. 90°+ and very humid. But I’ve been drinking lots of water and popping into cool shows helps.

5 Likes