Lightspeed Skipping: A Force Family Trip Report DLR + DCL

You look great, but your hair is too neat—muss it up!

1 Like

That’s actually hilarious to me. I would have thought they would have gone out far in one direction and just come back?

2 Likes

Can you tell you’re traveling in circles? My DH gets panic attacks from going in circles so this would be a cruising deal-breaker for him.

1 Like

I couldn’t have told you — the circles are very wide — but I think turning is the time you’re most likely to feel the motion of the ship, especially on those sharp turns (which were rare).

1 Like

c75bceb8fd65ce9d2d6af1a3fae8b6ea57aedc1c_2_666x500

Still catching up and spamming you with hearts. Just jumping to the bottom to say I really LOVE this photo. There’s something about it that showcases the reasons that I love theme parks.

5 Likes

Badass repping a badass

Perfect!

3 Likes

The Wonder’s disney Dreams is a Peter Pan focus I think. I should know - we sailed less than a year ago! But now I’m doubting myself. The Frozen show is really good.

Also, the Animator’s Palate on the Wonder was so much fun for us, but I think your mileage may vary. We had good markers that made dark lines and our little characters were quite bold. It was so much fun to see them animated on the screen! But a lot of the characters were a little pale which I assumed was because their markers weren’t great.

Jeff, Melissa and I (and Karen) are planning a Wish cruise. We didn’t choose it because of the Star Wars lounge, but we are thrilled (not Karen, just me and Melissa). Partly because you see the Halcyon fly by the galactic “window”!

3 Likes

de1142cf925dd41680e7fbce198f0a27ddfe8f24_2_666x500

Rapunzel reminds me a bit of @katielouhou .

The person that wants to replace their luggage (and leaves theirs onboard as trash), the person that breaks a zipper on their existing luggage and isn’t handy…I’ll bet they do sell some!!

6 Likes

I remember having this same thought when I was reading this post, anbd meant to comment but I think I didn’t

4 Likes

Yes the Magic’s Disney Dreams is also a Peter Pan focus (which I loved because Peter Pan is one of favorites and has been probably since I was a toddler). I worded it poorly but I meant that on the Magic, one of the sequences of characters that Peter & Annemarie visit includes Elsa singing Let It Go. But I believe on the Wonder, since they have a full Frozen show, for Disney Dreams they don’t do Elsa/Let It Go and have another character instead.

Yay! Will you do 3 or 4 nights?

3 Likes

I think it’s three nights. :slightly_smiling_face:

That makes sense about the Disney Dreams. I don’t remember what all of the scenes were, but I don’t think it had a Frozen scene. Honestly, it paled in comparison to the Frozen show!

3 Likes

Aw man! Now I need to get on the Wonder! :rofl:

I’ve always wondered if Frozen on the Wonder is anything like Frozen was in DCA.

2 Likes

Not really the same. It involves puppets but it is incredible! Maybe not worth booking another cruise! But if you go on the Wonder, I think you’ll really enjoy the show! Our muster captain was Anna in the show. We loved her! The last night she was Donald’s friend at the farewell thing. We mostly wanted a picture with her, but we did a selfie with all of us including Donald. Donald was tickled that we were excited about her. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

1af1012de8f65b4cc0a98ddd1ab248c9520bb02e_2_666x500

And fini. I LOVE this hallway, with the sketches. I also absolutely loved your photos of Animator’s Palate. Such a beautiful place.

Your trip report reminded me what I enjoy so much about this forum–thanks for that!

5 Likes

Haha, uhm we will book a cruise for just about any reason we can find. So we’ll eventually get to the Wonder, and I look forward to enjoying Frozen with the puppetry!

3 Likes

You will have to get the DCL Blog to update their graphics!

6 Likes

On the Magic it was Peter Pan focused as well. They “visit” the following stories:

• Cinderella
  • Aladdin
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Frozen
  • The Lion King

I could be missing one. :thinking:

3 Likes

That will be so much fun! Can’t wait to see pics!

2 Likes

By the way, I’m glad they don’t do this. I am afraid of the open ocean and it was comforting to be somewhat close to shore, even if it doesn’t make a huge difference.

Also I remember the captain saying over the PA at one point that they were moving forward in order to minimize the effect of the choppy surf. So they take conditions into consideration when deciding how fast to go and where. If the seas were completely still I presume they might sit idle.

1 Like

:rofl: That is a vast oversimplification LOL. But much prettier.

1 Like