Lightspeed Skipping: A Force Family Trip Report DLR + DCL

Excited to follow along.

1 Like

Car is loaded and we’re about to hit the road! DD4 had an accident so we have to change her clothes before we can go. :man_facepalming:t2: I swear I’m ready to pay one of you to come potty train her for three months. We’ve tried everything.

16 Likes

Supportive hearts on this. If you do ever figure it out, we’ll take the advice for DS6. We’re in the 4th year of working towards being fully potty-trained. DD3 is definitely more fully-trained than he is and it’s a struggle. According to the advice of our pediatrician it’s normal for some kids to just take a lot more time. :anguished:

7 Likes

Made it to Quartzite at the border (AZ side) and filling up on gas at Love’s. $3.89/gallon, which is $.80 less than it was in Phoenix when we topped off this afternoon. Across the border it is probably over $5.

13 Likes

Actually $6.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Well at least it’s not like you’ll drive all that way twice in a week, so that’s a good thing

:blowfish:

9 Likes

Made it to Popeye’s in Indio for dinner! Only 1.5 hours or so of driving to go. Pics from earlier:

DW and I are listening to a dystopian novel for book club as we drive.

23 Likes

We used to stop in Indio for food too!!

3 Likes

Classic dark meat for me. So good. :yum:

17 Likes

No way that adorable kid in the back seat is nearly as problematic as you make her out to be.

10 Likes

:smirk:

8 Likes

Did you make Mrs. Jeff stay in the car?

11 Likes

Have fun with the Force Family!

4 Likes

Mine struggled with night time training until we bought a night time alarm. If you need info on that, feel free to DM me.

Can’t wait to follow along on your adventure, Jeff!

5 Likes

Well she is my favorite 90% of the time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

She was getting ketchup for DD4.

12 Likes

Weird dust storm thing in Indio.

12 Likes

Again, blaming the kid…

5 Likes

I love your trip reports! Hope you have a great time with your lovely family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Made it to Anaheim! Staying one night at the SpringHill Suites by the convention center.

22 Likes