Lightsaber outside SWGE

What do you do with a lightsaber outside SWGE? We have a 10:30 am Savi’s rez. Can we ride RnR and ToT with it? Or do we head to the Resort to drop it off? I do not think the men will give them them to the resort delivery people.

Extremely good question! When I read the title I was ready to make a comment about fighting the dark side, but now I’m generally curious. I would hope that $200 would get my new lightsaber delivered to my room, but I doubt that’s the case. I normally am comfortable leaving my bags on a stroller while going on rides, but I wouldn’t feel that way in this case.

Yeah, I’m “worried” about this, too. My reservation is for 1.30pm, and I’ve got a packed programme of activities planned for afterwards. Do I really want to be carrying a lightsaber around? Not sure I want to trust Disney to deliver it to my room: my Savi’s is on a Monday afternoon and I leave Wednesday.

If they do the “pick it up at the front of the park thing” that would be cool. Or if there are lockers big enough somewhere.

Surely Disney has thought of this?

1 Like

I’m sure they are installing lightsaber sized lockers right now that can be rented for $10. :smiley:

I plan on having it shipped home.

I bet they’ve got a $50 lightsaber holster you can buy.

Actually the holster is included!

2 Likes

It comes with a carrying case

1 Like

On RnR, a CM will take your saber from you and it will be waiting for you when you exit the limo at the end of your trip through LA traffic.

2 Likes

I think I will have shipped home. That will ease everybody’s mind. Were are building it on The Friday and we checkout on Saturday. So the resort delivery is not an option. The lockers are also not big enough. And we are leaving our bags with bag check before leave for the park on Saturday am.

1 Like

Wow! Though maybe that (plus the less chaotic, more mystical experience) is why it’s double the price compared to the droid building. I retract my snarky speculation.

1 Like

Retraction not accepted — the case doesn’t come with a belt clip, that is available for separate purchase. WDW ain’t dumb.

1 Like

But then how will you get the awesome ride photo with a lightsaber?

2 Likes

That would be awesome!

That is our plan as well. Anyone know how that can be accomplished? I have shipped artwork directly from the Art of Disney Store. Will that be an option at Savi’s?

I do not know if there is a shop in SWGE that will ship, but near the entrance there is a merchandise pickup area that also ships.

Someone posted a link on the forum with a response that they would have that option. I have shipped a Figment pillow pet from the gift store by Journey of the Imagination to my niece at college directly at that gift shop, so I think they all have the capacity to do it.

1 Like

I know Launch Bay ships directly so I’ll be surprised if Savi’s doesn’t as well.

Launch Bay would be very convenient! thanks

1 Like