Lighting Lanes — be careful what you wish for

Wow! I can’t believe we’ve finally reached the upcharge level of ‘it’s cheaper just to buy a VIP tour’ :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::exploding_head::exploding_head::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:
Chapek must be so proud :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Bahahahahaha

2 Likes

There are also two levels of this.

The Ultimate version can be pre-booked and has no allocated times slots. You can just show up and ride when you want, once per ride.

The cheaper version you can buy on the day and you get allocated a time slot for each ride. Not sure how flexible the times are or if you can choose from some options.

4 Likes

I will be interested in hearing your view when you get back from your upcoming trip.

I love WDW and went many times as an adult before I had kids.

After our last trip, my view has changed. We will continue to go to WDW because of the kids, but until the system changes I wouldn’t go on an adult only trip. I found the new system to be exhausting (6:50 am wake-ups every morning), expensive, a lot of work, and distracting (I spent the first half of Jungle Cruise trying to book my next LL). The kids, however, don’t see any of that. The magic is still there for them. And while the magic of WDW for myself as an adult isn’t what is used to be … the magic for me is seeing my kids faces and joy at WDW.

EDIT: I hope I didn’t send this thread into a completely different direction. Carry on with the talk of how one day Disney may offer Fastpases in exchange for a second mortgage on one’s home.

3 Likes

I actually made this decision on our recent trip to Disneyland. Instead of a 7-14 day trip stay at a deluxe which we normally do, we’re now going to come in for a 1-2 day stay and use the resort savings for a VIP tour.

That way we get everything we want done in a single day, including re-rides on our favorites. This works better for DLR for us because it’s only a 45 minute flight instead of the 5+hour trek to WDW and both parks are within walking distance so we can park hop multiple times without any real loss in time.

3 Likes

I will let you know. This trip is just DD17 and I and we are both energizer bunnies, so that will help. For our UOR trip we were both up by 5AM daily. And it’s her drive that will drive me. I wouldn’t even go to WDW were it not her hurrah.

This was even an issue when I went in 2016, honestly. I was rocking two sets of bands and constantly trying to figure out how to add rides. And in 2019 I was absolutely distracted and was watching the second hand to get tapped into Frozen Sing A Long at 12:00PM for a window which was supposed to start at 12:05PM to discharge our third FPP in time to get the 12:01 drop.

So much effort. And DH and my older two downright loathe TDC right now. I don’t see a family trip in the future. Just a mom and girl(s) if anything. I’m looking forward to making DD happy. She does love her characters and rides so much.

1 Like

That was you trying to cheat the system though (not judging). I never felt this way in 2016 or 2019. Admittedly your much larger group probably made it harder for you.

I feel better if this price is for two people. I just can’t imagine the economics of DOUBLE the price of all the individual ones just to have some flexibility and pay altogether. You would think that they would price it ever so slightly cheaper than buying them all individually… But then again people used to buy the dining plan hand over fist!

Also I kind of laugh that this graphic is Lightning McQueen because the sad/lame Cars Roadtrip ride at DLP was the only one that had no wait!

3 Likes

You just made me LOL.
Yes. Yes - I was working really hard to cheat. :joy::joy::joy:
Must. Get. On. Rides. Stupid. Systems. Be. Danged.

Maybe this is why UOR was so pleasant?!

4 Likes

Yep probably!

2 Likes

Yes. My kids help me distinguish between Lighting, Lightening, and Lightning Lanes.

Lighting Lanes = where I shop for light fixtures
Lightening Lanes = where I go for skin treatment
Lightning Lane = where I go based on thrilldata

:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Exactly!!!

BONUS we can all put down our phones on vacation and SLEEP IN!

3 Likes