šŸšØ Level 5 Emergency: UOR touring plan crisis

Yay! Someone who can count! :wink:

I agree that VC isnā€™t really a super necessary early entry ride. I actually think itā€™s much, much better in the dark.

2 Likes

But then what is EE good for?

Hagrids (though this is also arguably better in the darkā€¦ itā€™s got longer lines at night than VC so youā€™ll wait for it then, unless you want to get in line after the castle show and just do it last). Also just generally being in Hogsmeade with smaller crowds, because 99% of the people there during EE are there for Hagrids so the streets tend to be less congested and you can take pictures and stuff.

I guess the same could be said for other picture-worthy areas as well.

5 Likes

Attracting most people to Hagridā€™s. You zig when they zag.

I would consider rope dropping USF from the main entrance and being one of the first into an empty Diagon Alley. You can also count on Gringottā€™s running and being a walk-on at park opening.

On the other hand, when RDā€™ing IOA, you canā€™t count on Hagridā€™s running immediately at EPA time. About a 1 in 3 chance it will have a delay. Plus even most off-siters will be drawn to Hagridā€™s first, which will leave attractions like The Mummy with low morning waits.

4 Likes

So not using EE at all?

Yes for one of your days, I would strongly consider.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my thinking about Day 1.

EPA (Iā€™ll get the acronym right this time) to IOA and head straight to VC. The reason? Itā€™s the very first ride of our trip. Itā€™ll blow them away. The line wonā€™t be long. And the theming is great. Then maybe a sneaky look at the Castle, before breakfast at HRC followed by regular entry to USO and off to Diagon Alley. (Possibly via F&F, which Anthony had specifically requested.)

Thatā€™s a lot of walking.

Alternative plan. EPA ā€“ IOA ā€“ VC as before. Abandon my logical sequence obsession. Head to Castle for FJ then breakfast at 3B. Then get in line for Hagrid. Long line gives stomachs time to settle. And thereā€™s stuff to look at. Then Hogsmeade exploring. Then HE to Diagon Alley.

2 Likes

I personally like your alternate plan. It really shows off Universal/HP and is much more efficient!

Iā€™ve been to a couple of HRCs over the years and the ā€œmythology ā€œ is always better than the food or service. We werenā€™t even tempted by the Orlando one. Of course, I say that and we have been to some (London 2x, Chicago and CityWalk LA). If this is the only time you are ever going to have a chance to go to one :woman_shrugging: Then maybe it would fit where a time suck isnā€™t as wasteful to your day?

It maybe to goofy for your party but we love the grinchmas breakfast at IOA-

1 Like

Yeah, my original plan was nuts. I got a bit overexcited. New plan works much better, I think.

The others have never been to one and they are cool inside. Iā€™m trying to make it work for breakfast as there arenā€™t many good options. Weā€™ll have one breakfast at Three Broomsticks and one at the hotel on the day we check out.

Would totally have been up for that but it was booked up. We are doing the holiday tour instead, which includes some Grinch action.

4 Likes

Is that what you guys are going to call it?

6 Likes

Well Paul does have quite a widely encompassing sexuality.

4 Likes

Love Grinchmas-

Thought Iā€™d share this here. Jon really covers everything. Definitely consider the risk/reward with heading to Hagridā€™s first.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s good data.

My current plan is to aim for VC, then FJ, then breakfast at 3B, then Hagrid, then HE to DA.

4 Likes

Risk \ reward indeed. Roped dropped IOA last week to near perfection and went straight to Hagridā€™s, but unfortunately it had a delay. It did not start running until about 9:35 AM (let in the gate at 7:50ish). Sounds like this is somewhat common, so beware.

4 Likes

Matt, is this current plan Day 2?

That first set of plans is way out of date. It was dumb and has been abandoned.

The new plan is Day 1, which is a heavily WWOHP-focussed day.

3 Likes

Universal app says Hagrids only opens at 12:00?? Is that so??