Let's Play! (Or, no... let's not.) Another project cancelled

A few days ago, WDWNT reported a rumor that the Play Pavillion at Epcot was cancelled. Since this was marked as rumor, I wanted to see if anyone else would report on this. Now Mickey Views has reported that this rumor (while still technically a rumor) is true, and he spoke with sources inside the company to confirm.

Frankly, I didn’t have much personal interest in the Play Pavillion…but it continues to feel like another punch in the gut to Disney fans that promises made by Disney are promises broken.

So…this is a lament. So sad to see my favorite park, with hopes of a fresh new vision just a few years ago, will end up being, after years of construction, barely any different than it was before.

Sigh.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the one that’s nearly finished by GOTG?

2 Likes

It’s the old Body Wars building. I remember that ride.

1 Like

Partially finished…not really “nearly” finished, yes.

1 Like

I place very little trust in WDWNT, and I haven’t heard it anywhere else, so for now I’ll call it a dubious rumor.

1 Like

WDWNT has rarely been wrong, and is clear when it is a rumor…but Mickey Views appears to actually have insider information, corroborating the rumor.

1 Like

It’s also a rumor that it’s still happening.

I thought I saw photos on Twitter in the past few weeks of work being done on the outside but now I can’t find them.

1 Like

Yes. Mickey Views addressed that and said the work was just resealing some leaks in the outside.

1 Like

<cough, Country Bears and Tiki Room, cough > :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

But I thought the whole point was that it was a black box setup which could be easily changed.

1 Like

First, I said rarely. Second, I said I waited until reported from another source. I trust Mickey Views.

2 Likes