“Let’s Keep a Little Optimism Here.” - A Family Trip Report

I’m confused.

Too many negatives in here for my brain.

Doing this will “use up” the anytime pass. That’s fine if you want to use it, but not fine if you want to keep your golden ticket. :wink:

No, I literally don’t understand what it’s saying.

So if you have an LL for say, Haunted Mansion, don’t use the anytime? But if you don’t have an LL for Haunted Mansion you can use it and keep the anytime?

Why bother making ANY LLs then if you have the Anytime?

1 Like

You need the LL to have something to get through the taps.

because if you don’t have an LL it will use up the anytime.

1 Like

If you have any time lightning Lane, you can go to one of the permitted rides and use that any time pass and go on the ride. But then it’s gone. If instead, you grab a lightning lane four, haunted mansion, and you go to the tap. You are allowed to tap in for haunted mansion regardless of what time your lightning Lane was for. And it will remove the haunted mansion lightning lane, but you will retain your anytime

Let me try to start over:

An Anytime Pass has the Midas touch: it turns any LL you are holding (for which the Anytime is eligible) into gold, i.e., you can use the LL any time before or during its return window.

Now, if you have an Anytime Pass but DON’T have a regular LL for the attraction you are using it on, (let’s call this a “Naked Anytime”), then it will be consumed when you tap into an attraction. You will lose the Midas Touch.

So you always want to “clothe” your Anytime with a regular LL for the attraction that you’re tapping into. The system will consume the regular LL first before consuming the Anytime.

And to repeat, the Anytime only has the Midas Touch for attractions it is eligible to be used for (listed on the bottom of the screen).

18 Likes

So using my HM example…

I have a 7:30pm LL for HM, but I got an anytime from BTMRR. I could use it at HM at 11:30am? Would the 7:30pm one then disappear?

I had stacking anytime ones down to a science at DL/DCA, but never did this hang onto it thing. (Probably because I didn’t need to worry about it as i always had 3-4 anytimes it seemed.

2 Likes

Yes

One anytime pass can last you through all of the permitted rides provided you can grab a lightning lane for some part of that day.

ETA - Unless you already had had a lightning lane for that ride and used it that day. Because the rule of one lightning lane for a ride per day overall overrides the rest of it.

3 Likes

Gotcha.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to follow along too. NOW I get it. I guess all of that not partying has a use after all.

11 Likes

Yes! This was a great explanation!

3 Likes

Interest piqued…!

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one confused! But I don’t even have partying as an excuse!

3 Likes

@Jennifer_B_568600 what did you decide to do with your golden ticket? :slight_smile:

We used it! It’s been an awesome day! I’ll list our rides a little later. Thanks for the help!

9 Likes

My little Pirate!

24 Likes

Jungle Cruise had a family with a couple of kids that repeatedly were getting told to sit by the captain. So many times!!! The first grade teacher in me had a hard time not giving them the eye :joy:

20 Likes

Sounds like a great day, and a golden ticket to boot! Just out of curiosity, since it was mentioned about transferring, how willing would a CM actually be to transfer that anytime pass to the next day, when the ride it was given for was in the morning?

3 Likes