Let military tickets expire and apply cost?

Can someone confirm? If we allow our military salute tickets to expire at the end of the year can I apply the cost of those tickets to the new set of tickets for 2022 (if they offer them) or any other set of tickets for a trip next year?

1 Like

@vcka do you know this?

1 Like

I’ve never tried this b4 and I know we’ll have some of those expire too unless we can apply them to an AP (I know I can apply DH’s mil salute to an AP). I would call the designated ticket line for help and ask them: 407.566.4985. Also, if they are totally unused try calling SoG (407.824.1403) or your ITT office where you purchased them to ask what their policies are. Usually there are no-refunds but my ITT office on Patrick AFB has been a bit more gracious about exchanges in pandemic days.

Ticket Form Request :: Shades of Green

1 Like

Thank you! Yes they are totally unused. We use them all the time but never had to worry about allowing them to expire. When I chatted with wdw that was their advice but I think I’ll do a little more checking since I know the cm aren’t always well versed on mil tix.

1 Like

Did you call the ticket number? I don’t know if the main reservation number would be reliable intel. And yes, not all CMs seem to have the same level of knowledge, best to get a second opinion. Let’s see if some other military can chime in? (change your title to your thread to include Military tickets too, you’ll get more experienced ppl to respond). @cherokee_jacket @ISUamanda… I’m drawing a blank on other liners that seem to know this stuff.

Make sure to report back to educate the rest of us. Good Luck!

Good question…I have no idea. I’d ask the Shades of Green ticket office, I’m sure they deal with this all the time.

1 Like

Thank you all this is super helpful. I’ll keep digging and update here.

1 Like

In pre covid times this would not have been allowed, but I don’t know about now. There is a great website called Military Disney Tips where you could probably find that info, and if not the moderator is good at answering your questions.

1 Like

Called the ticket number and they said they honor the value of the salute tickets for life. He mentioned there is no deadline to apply the cost. He didn’t say for sure but the way he spoke it certainly sounds like 2022 salute would be announced. I’ll also swing over to Disney military tips blog and see if he has any updates. Hopefully wdw will announce next month about 2022.

1 Like

I hope that’s true. :slight_smile: If so I’ll feel a lot better the next time I buy salute tix again. I’ve used them 3x in the past and have always enjoyed the value, but we went almost at the end of the salute each time, at Thanksgiving, so I was always worried in case we should not make it that they would expire.

1 Like

Wow this is good news! We never bought our tickets in advance when DH was still AD b/c we had to cancel or reschedule too many trips due to deployments, surprise TDYs, 9/11 etc. on arrival we would head over to SoG to purchase our park tickets.

UPDATE: I was able to easily change my 2021 Salute tickets to 2022 by calling the ticket line. Hope this helps!

2 Likes