Lessons learned

Lyft / Uber alleviate ANY stress of transportation for a tiny amount of money, and they are QUICK. They are everywhere!

1 Like

What about going from HS to MK? I was thinking take a bus if it’s there otherwise call Lyft?

MK is the tricky one, because they (taxis) are only allowed as far as the TTC. The way around that is to take uber/lyft to the contemp and walk. (Sneakier is to ask them to let you out at that street kinda near Space Mt. - you might get lucky, I wouldn’t count on it tho.) IMO, the BETTER way is to just pad your time and take the bus, IMO. Save a few steps.

Right! Thanks I keep forgetting about the TTC. We shouldn’t be in a rush to make anything so I’ll just plan on the bus.

most of mine are time related:

It takes [me] 17 minutes to walk from Creamery on Board Walk to entrance of HS.

It takes [me] 10 minutes from FEA to Entrance of Epcot

Electrical Water Pageant doesn’t stick to it’s announced time, but start to look for it around then anyway as it could be somewhere on the lake.

It takes [me] 12-13 minutes to get to MK entrance from Contemporary lobby with Security. More if someone is taking up the whole walk way (no idea why this happens when there’s only 2-3 people!)

Other stuff:
CHECK the monorail platform in Contemporary before going through security (and definitely before going up escalator or elevator). If it is looking particularly crowded, it probably means there’s a problem, seek alternative transport.

Illuminations viewing: France great, but can’t see globe. FW Entrace good, but extremely crowded.

HEA Dessert Party: After-fireworks is the way to go!

Don’t stress about being stranded, buses will continue to come through until the last guest is picked up.

Bring a hardcopy of your plan with you. Probably won’t survive the first encounter, but it’s a good reference/jumping off point. ANd it’s faster to reference than on the phone (and you can see it in broad daylight)

5 Likes

Bus to/from the MK to/from anywhere is the best option.

:cry: bummer

Try the things everyone else says you can pass on (and/or things you’ve never prioritized before). You might really enjoy them!

Example: Pixar Shorts in Epcot and the fountain outside.

3 Likes

For my family, rope drop at the beginning of the week, do one open to close day and then do lunch to evenings at the end of the week. Afternoon breaks do not work for everyone.

2 Likes

This is great advice when traveling anywhere.