Legoland on thanksgiving during our WDW trip

While this is certainly true, you must not go to Legoland trying to ride the next FOP or scracth your Diagon Alley itch. Legoland is not that place. I value Legoland for what it is and it has been a huge success in my family when we have visited on both coasts. Unlike the entirety of WDW, here the abundance of shade makes it a very pleasant park to tour. No need to worry about ADRs or FPPS or even plans. Legoland is great for a more relaxed pace.

It is a smaller park but it is open less hours too. Maybe it is 45 mins away but I have done twice as much time trying to get to MK. Above all, don’t pay full price. Buy a Lego toy or movie and get a BOGO. Ticketsatwork also has great discounts.

2 Likes

this is exactly as we experienced. It obviously depends on the kids ages but mine age 9 and 10 did not like it at all and we are not extreme coaster people. Also i don’t love all things Disney and actually prefer Uni so I’m not saying Disney is perfect. I think people should know all experiences if they post here. Ours were not great and cost ALOT for what we got. Also not defending Disney and saying it’s not expensive too. I would have enjoyed a day at the Royal Pacific pool instead of Legoland.
edited we did the photo pass and they didn’t work and customer service said we could call and see if we could add it but no guarantees and did not offer a refund

The hotel rooms are amazing. Both great theming and super thoughtful touches for children. We’ve only been to the California Legoland, not Florida, but my son (currently 7) prefers it to Disney.

I’m afraid I can’t speak to holiday crowds, because we’ve never been there during a holiday, but 120+ minute waits were pretty normal on the random days we have been there. We end up buying their Fastpass equivalent.

So we went today and had an absolute blast. There were no crowds to speak of. We only ever waited for the really slow loading rides. We road multiple rides back to back to back. We did pretty much every single thing there. My kids (even the one that doesn’t like rides) loved everything. We got there an hour early. Headed straight to the back and worked our way forward. We were there till it closed! It’s not disney - not at all. But we had a lot of fun and so glad we went on such a low crowd day! We’re having a rest day tormorrow and then Magic Kingdom on Saturday! Thanks to everyone who commented here. Big help with the tip to go to the back first!

6 Likes

I know this thread is old but resurrecting. How far in advance should you be at the gate? I’m guessing the start at the back is still the best strategy? I’m hoping to give my kids more free reen here since WDW will be pretty structured and early morning.

30 mins at taps before park opening will definitely get you in the front of the pack. When the taps open you will be let in to the park and stopped right in front of the carrousel until park opening.

However, from our experience earlier this year, despite being able to get in line the attractions didn’t really start running until about 15 minutes after park open. This seemed deliberate. It happened to us two days in a row at Masters of Flight and The Dragon. I say this just to emphasize not to obsess about being the very first.

…and, even if didn’t ask, resist any urge to go to Peppa Pig Land. It is just awful, really awful. That park is a sad excuse for a money grab. It is literally the parking lot with some church-fair rides. Cross that, I’ve been to church fairs with better rides.

Thanks for the insight. They gives us time to meander to the back of the park then at a leisurely pace. I’m looking forward to the change from WDW. We’re going to LL first.
I wasn’t really planning on going to Peppa since my kids aren’t into it but thanks for the tip - that solidifies it.

Sorry for bumping this, but it’s really hard finding tips for the Legoland park. We’ve only been to SeaWorld besides Disney and Universal parks. My daughter is 4 and she loves Peppa. I’ve watched Youtube videos of the park and she is crazy about visiting…
My question is, should we start with the totally lame Peppa Pig park or Legoland? Which one has more shaded lines? Which one feels more crowded faster?

1 Like

Do you mean you are going to both on the same day? Or are you going to one one day and the other the following day?

Since it’s a little far from Disney and we are DVC members, I was planning on a 1-day trip and park-hopping between both parks. I don’t plan on seeing everything, of course, but wanted to know about the lines and shade situation.

1 Like

I would check the hours and see what makes sense to maximize time in each park without hopping between. Legoland has the bigger attractions that build longer waits faster, so all things being equal I’d start there. But depending on hours it might make sense to start at Peppa land. I’ve never been there but it seems like you wouldn’t miss much it you didn’t get on a popular ride.

I think the most popular rides aren’t even an option for my daughter, due to height restrictions I guess I’m so used to preparing touring plans for all our Disney trips that it feels odd not planning that much… but you’re absolutely right, I’ll just plan for time at each park and see a little bit of each. Thank you for your input. :grinning:

1 Like

We did Peppa Pig in March and I don’t recall there being much shade at all. It’s a small park. There’s a big splash pad area, so dress accordingly if your little likes to play in the water. We enjoyed it, and as we still have a 2yo, we will return.

3 Likes

Thank you for the shade information. We’ll definitely start with Peppa. She is much more interested in Peppa now than Lego

3 Likes