Leaving Orlando - driving

We need to be out of here tomorrow morning asap. We’re leaving the WDW at 7am by car and thinking about whether the I4 is the best route through Orlando or should we take a risk and take the 417 around Orlando to meet the I4 on the other side.

Tomorrow is Sat, so no “work” traffic but there is construction on the I4.

What does Google say? I would trust them, since they have real-time traffic information, plus statistical models as to what you will likely expect based on past observations.

ETA: Don’t forget to set your start time to match when you expect to leave to see what they expect traffic will be then, rather than now.

I’ve never used google for that. How do I do it?

If you have the app on your phone, you use that. Otherwise go to maps.google.com and enter you destination. There is also an option to set your leaving time.

Huh. I didn’t know it did that. Thanks.

I would never take the I4 if I could help it. Take the 417 around. And thank me later. Esp at rush hour.

1 Like

That was our concern, but it will be 7am on Sat morning. Is that still rush hour?

On the I4 it’s always rush hour.

Ah! That’s scary.

1 Like

I scene you love I-4 as much as me.:scream:

1 Like

We did end up taking the I-4. It was 6:30 in the morning and there was traffic, but DH is used to driving to work through that sort of traffic anyway. It took us about a half hour to get to the other side of Orlando, so not too bad.