Leading Reservations for dining?

Thank you very much for the explanation. It was very helpful! If I booked starting March 14, I would only be able to book one reservation per day correct? (14th could book for the 24th, 15th would book for the 25th and so on?)

Yes, you’d be able to book one day’s worth of ADRs per day. And unless they are super hard to get ones, you shouldn’t need to do it at daybreak either. It’s a much less stressful experience overall.

3 Likes

That sounds wonderful. I remember for our Feb 2020 trip I was so stressed booking our ADR and Fast passes as soon as the window opened. This sounds much better!

3 Likes

It was much better!! I could even wiggle things around for a few days. None of the “immediate set up of a reservation finder”.

3 Likes

If I hadnt done Leading wouldnt have been able to get (at least at first try)
Topolinos, Sci fi dine in, Beaches and Cream or Storybook Dining.

3 Likes

It seems like this is a popular one which honestly I had not even heard of until recently while reading this forum!

1 Like

:frowning_face:

It must be said that Beaches and Cream is not that great. The only reason it is hard to get is because it is tiny but it is a below average ice cream parlor.

4 Likes

Thanks! Yes I read a couple reviews and I don’t think we will go out of our way to go there. We are going with friends who have never been on Disney so many other restaurants are trumping that!

B&C has become a tradition for a lot of families, and the large sundaes like the Kitchen Sink are a fun challenge. Personally having too much junk in ice cream ruins it for me, so there’s no appeal.

4 Likes

We loved the Kitchen Sink and would definitely have done it again if all 3 of us went, but DH ate about half on his own so DS and I wouldn’t eat enough - it’s not that expensive but I would feel guilty seeing half of it thrown away.

3 Likes

We’ve been to B&C twice, and just for ice cream, not a meal. I would classify it as a bucket list item, but not a very high priority one.

My DH loves ice cream. He has never met one he doesn’t like so he enjoyed it, but there was nothing that special about the ice cream. We went more for the experience.

Jan 2020 the novel experience and literally all the bells and whistles for our Kitchen Sink was fun. On the downside, they obviously didn’t bring it out to us right away and it was a bit melty.

In Jun 2021, they didn’t make quite the hoopla so it wasn’t exactly the same experience, but we wanted to try the chocolate version of the Kitchen Sink and succeeded in not getting a melty one that time as well.

Yeah, it is sort of necessary for the experience, but doesn’t really add to the actual ice cream eating part for me.

I would probably only go again if it happened to be convenient to our plans (like if we were staying at BC or YC and wanted a scheduled ice cream break), and I think we’ve met our lifetime Kitchen Sink quota. If someone I was with really wanted to go, I wouldn’t object though.

2 Likes

I usually see B&C appear when I search. I went once post-pandemic so have not got the full experience.

The food is not good at Sci-Fi. Topolinos sadly was a sub-par experience when I went. Storybook - was great! (Even if the chicken was dry - the Apps, Dessert and atmosphere made up for it)

I did not do leading, but will be waking up at 4 am on Monday to book my 7 days next week. I don’t think we have anything in the super hard to get category this time. Continuing on with places we have not been… Whispering Canyon, Chefs de France, Hollywood & Vine …for the off-site part of our stay, I need to get La Hacienda and Brown Derby. Those generally are not hard.

Just want to make sure I’m in line on everything…

I have the “real” reservation from 9/19-9/23
Leading reservation from 9/10 - 9/23

Per spreadsheet, I should be able to start booking tomorrow, 7/12.

Is it expected that today, which is before my 60+10 window, the max date I should see for booking is 9/9? Will tomorrow cause that to jump out to the 60+10, which would include 9/20?

1 Like

Did not do leading …got everything I wanted. Even added Space 220 Lounge. Also booked Wild Africa Trek for the first Sunday morning. I am most excited for that.

5 Likes

Yes, you are right on track.
The jump will happen tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for the tips in this thread. We went in 2021 and got our reservations through luck. This year we used a leading reservation and it worked perfectly. I’m hoping you guys can check my plans for next year.

We have 2 weeks booked with a split stay as follows:

6/3 CBR room only
6/4 - 6/10 CBR resort package (10 park days)
6/10 - 6/17 BC Villas

I have a leading res at POR for 5/25 - 6/18. Will I be able to book dining beginning 6/4 with this leading reservation? This should open a day at a time for the entire trip, correct? We’ve never done a split stay and just want to make sure the leading res will work throughout the stay.

4 Likes

Yes, that all looks right to me.

1 Like

Hi, I seem to be having an issue with my ADR dates. I made a leading reservation for 9/22-10/8 for my 10/1-10/8 stay. I was able to book anything I wanted when it opened up for 10/1. Then 10/2 opened and I get an error message when trying to book basically anything. So I waited until 10/3 to open to see if I was having the same issue. I cannot for the life of me book anything after 10/1 so far. Any suggestions?

Edit - is there ever phantom space that isn’t actually there but when you try to book it, you get an error?

Are you using MDE on your phone? Try logging out of the app and back in and/or try from a computers browser.