Leading Reservations for dining?

Help me remember…if you book it as a package, does that have any possibility of messing up APRs? I haven’t kept up with how those different pools of APRs work. Does the leading reservation definitely need to be on a dummy account if booking a package to prevent that? And then after the lead reservation gets cancelled transfer the ADRs to your actual account? And isn’t there a max number of days on a package that’s less than room only? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh geez, so many questions! :joy:

I think that if you book your APRs under your actual tickets before you book the dummy package, you’ll be fine. I don’t think it shifts the pool. But I can’t say 100%.

That would possibly be the safer route, but seems like a hassle. If it comes to that, might be better to just call into cancel with a room-only.

Ooh! I was able to find the answer to this one:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/terms-conditions-package-2022/

• The maximum continuous stay for any guest at any single Disney Resort hotel, including campground locations, is 30 days. A guest wishing to rebook a stay in the same hotel after an initial 30 day stay (whether done through one or multiple reservations), cannot book another stay at the same hotel for a period of 28 days after the initial stay. Disney reserves the right to decline, accept, retain or cancel any reservation or any guest, subject to applicable law, at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, a mistake or error in price or description of the hotel, or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the reservation. If a reservation is cancelled by Disney, Disney shall have no responsibility beyond the refund of monies paid related to the cancellation.

I think that means the system will limit you to 30 days for a package. But, someone will need to try this to confirm.

I booked a room only reservation right when the Disney+ deals came out and I modified it online quickly after that because I needed to change dates. I definitely didn’t call to modify it. Then like everyone else I noticed the cancel/modify button is now gone. I don’t get why you can’t even modify a room only reservation anymore. There are enough problems with staffing and long waits on the phone. Why require everyone to call if they want to make a modification?

4 Likes

Your logic has no place here!! :rofl:

(joking, I completely agree)

8 Likes

The 30 days thing is also true for room only.

“And then after the lead reservation gets cancelled transfer the ADRs to your actual account?”
This won’t work. But as long as the Dummy and Real are friended in MDE, the Dummy can make an ADR and make the Real you as the Lead. There will be a dropdown for the lead person during the ADR process. This is the same thing people do when making ADR’s for a group so large they need to break up a large group into say a group of 4 and 5.

If I were planning a Disney trip now, I’d do the fake account just because Disney changes things and that would give the ADR a disconnect from the fake account with a cancelled reservation.
The thing to remember with the fake account is to use a different DOB and email address. Otherwise they might ‘helpfully’ merge the two MDE accounts.

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

1 Like

I think she means you can only reserve a room for a maximum of 30 consecutive days, regardless of whether you are booking a package or room-only reservation.

2 Likes

When I called to cancel yesterday, the CM didn’t give me a hard time at all out ask any questions about why I was canceling. So I don’t think they’re trying to find out why people are canceling. It was quick and painless. Thankfully!

4 Likes

Ah, I wasn’t being literal, just speaking as to the desired result. Going through that series of steps, then using Real You account to replace the Dummy account with actual guests, has the desired result of transferring the ADR to your actual account, I think? Or does the Dummy account need to remain a guest on the reservation (which is ok since as long as the Lead is there, no one is checking if guests match?)?

I thought someone upthread somewhere said you couldn’t book a package that long because of max dates for ticket packages? (I really don’t know.)

1 Like

Thanks, I was lost.

1 Like

Someone that knows the ins-and-outs better than me might know a work-around, but my quick attempt suggests packages max out at 14 days? Might be able to make a sufficient overlap in some circumstances, I guess?

Screenshot 2022-05-16 164419

2 Likes

Ah, makes sense. I was going to say we needed a guinea pig to test this out! For me 14 days would be enough to get sufficient overlap, but I guess for others (cough, @Bubblez, cough), that wouldn’t cut it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of my Dole Whip.

9 Likes

And it wouldn’t be close to cutting it for me.

1 Like

I can’t speak to packages, but I know room only ressies max out at 30, no matter what.

So I have a 2 week, a 2 day (iirc, I have to look it up), a 7 day and a 23-ish day consecutive stay.

When I did leadings, I needed one for each stay, regardless of size up to 30 days. If it was over 30, I would need two leadings for the one stay.

2 Likes

Am I thinking right that one 14 day package would only suffice if your actual trip is at least 15* days (and no split stays)?

Example:
Actual trip starts 10/15
I book a leading package for max 10/5-10/18
Leading package allows me to book ADRs at 60+10 for 10/15-10/18
To be able to book ADRs on 10/19 at 60+10, my actual trip would need to be at least through 10/29?

Otherwise you need multiple leading packages and it just gets even more complicated? And multiple packages would be needed to cover split stays as well?

*I originally put 14, but I think it’s 15 upon further Mathing (which involved counting on my fingers, so is still suspect)

1 Like

When I was trying to book packages as leadings, there was some kerfuffle about canceling iirc. Like, I couldn’t do it because of the tickets. But that was back when I was first playing with Leadings for my 2021 trip.

If you have a 14 days trip, a 14 day package won’t cover it all…or am I missing something?

For my stay of 23 days, obviously I couldn’t reserve for anything over 30, so I needed a leading both for the first half of the trip, and the second half. And yes it was confusing. And yes I used the bits out of my spreadsheet.

3 Likes

Covering all of the dates of my stay.

Yes, but only if you really need full +10 on every day of your trip. You could use a +14 to cover the first 6 or 7 days and then your actual stay to cover days 7+.

Edit: right? :brain::sweat_smile:

3 Likes