Leading Reservations for dining?

Maybe they changed it because they want CMs to try offer to modify it rather than lose a booking outright with a cancellation? :woman_shrugging:

Maybe itā€™s simply them wanting to get a better understanding of why people cancel reservations? ā€œHey, weā€™ll make people call in and then the CMs can ask them!ā€

2 Likes

Just tried to cancel my leading reservation - no dice. It was booked for 8-18th July and my real one is 14-28th July. It still has a cancel button but I canā€™t cancel it. At least my call is free but itā€™s a PITA.

4 Likes

Someone over on Disboards wrote to Guest relations about the missing button to modify/cancel. They responded that the system has never been set up for online changes to room only reservations. :woman_facepalming:t4: :woman_shrugging:t4:

Starting to think this is a permanent change. So wierd the ā€œItā€™s never been an optionā€ responses.

7 Likes

When Iā€™ve literally still got the cancellation button they are taking the mick saying that.

6 Likes

You would really think that with the extended hold times for calling a CM, they would not disable functions from the website?

Can you cancel vacation packages online?

1 Like

Wait. You have a room only reservation with a cancel button online, not app? Do you only have that one reservation?
I made a reservation for December a couple weeks ago, it no longer has a cancel/modify button as well. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Oh wait, not on the website, but on the app. The website does say I need to call. But I donā€™t know what it said when I booked, I only looked at the website this morning when I couldnā€™t cancel on the app.

Gotcha. I see your point now too. If they are doing away with it, I imagine weā€™ll see that button on the app go away as well.
I do remember a few years ago this button being missing for awhile, and then just reappeared. So maybe they do this periodically for some silly reasonā€¦

2 Likes

Hi -
So tomorrow I can start making my 1st ADR for July 26 which is 60 + 10th day.
I notice on the app - as of today- It only shows dates up to July 15 which is 60 days out. On the website, if you click on a day July 15 or earlier it shows times available, but July 16 or later it says trouble finding availability or some similar error message.
So my question is that for tomorrow, will the system kind of just update and link with my rez so it ā€œknowsā€ and then it will show availability for July 26th if that makes sense?

Yes when you at at 60 days before check in, it will open 60+10 days. Youā€™ll probably see them available before 6am but you wonā€™t be able to book - I couldnā€™t anyway.

2 Likes

Looking for feedback on this strategy ā€¦ I have 2 room only reservations, with a 1 day break between (for a night at Universal). Trip is 8/21-9/3. I think it makes sense for me to book a 10 day package with my daughter as lead, starting 10 days before our first desired ADR, and with only a couple of park days, so it doesnā€™t overlap the ticket she already has. If I use my Disney credit card, deposit is only $200 and I have 6 months interest free, right? And Iā€™ll have the option to cancel online. What can go wrong here?

You donā€™t need to have tickets or park reservations in order to book ADRs with a leading reservation.

1 Like

Yeah, straight up lying is bad. Itā€™s okay to say weā€™ve changed it but to lie and say it was never there when tons of us have used that ability as recently as March!

6 Likes

Well, I think she is saying that sheā€™ll do a package instead of room only just to have the cancel button. Isnā€™t the cancelation policy for those 30 days? Assuming it is, that sounds like it would work. What is the Hiveā€™s opinion? I hadnā€™t done a package because I used the TP recommended discount seller for tickets.

3 Likes

If your reservation can be cancelled or changed online, it will have a Cancel or Modify
Reservation link next to it. Just select the link to start the cancellation or change
process. If you donā€™t see the Cancel or Modify Reservation link, please contact us
at (407) W-DISNEY (407-934-7639).

6 Likes

They are straight up lying. Itā€™s in their own terms and policies from when I booked just last week.

5 Likes

So has anyone tried canceling a package online? If that works, it sounds like thatā€™s the way to go until they get this functionality back for room-only (if they ever do).

2 Likes

yes, but not because it was a leading; just cuz I changed my mind. But that was last fall so that of course may have changed as well. Wait I cancelled one this spring for next New Yearā€™s. I realized I was crazy and donā€™t want to be there on New Yearā€™s after all. It was a package at Poly and I could cancel it online.

3 Likes

I may try booking a package and then cancelling sometime in the next few days just to see what happens. Iā€™ll let you all know what happens. Donā€™t want to do it right now since I am supposed to be working (watching my wonderfully silent study hall).

4 Likes