Leading Reservations for dining?

Actually hold on I’m still confused.

So doing 3rd to 20th as my leading means

That 60 days in advance of the 3rd Aug I can book an ADR on 13th august as that’s 70 days out.
But on 3rd I can’t book for 14th cos that’s 71 days?

So when can I book adr for 14th? On the 4th?

2 Likes

Yes, you can do it one day at a time 70 days out from each day. This gives you the maximum benefit. Yes, you have to do it every day but you don’t have to wake up early because there will be plenty of availability so you just wake up naturally each day and go online or on your phone and book each day. If you want to do it all at once then you’d just book Aug 10 as your first day and then 60 days before that you can book all your days on that one day but it’s likely you won’t be able to get everything you want right away if you want high demand restaurants.

4 Likes

All correct. You can only make one day’s worth of reservations at a time if you are booking at day 70. But the good news is you don’t have to get up early since reservations rarely run out that day. Usually day 65 or so is when they start running out.

1 Like

Use the handy-dandy spreadsheet to do the mathing for you. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @gingerSnaps543222 that really clear now.
@Jeff_AZ yes I think I had assumed that it was based on your check in day and never went further e.g you booked 60+10 from check inand then had to wait till day 60 for later bookings.

@amvanhoose_701479 yes I did :smiley: but my misunderstanding was assuming it was fixed to check in day.

1 Like

I thought it was “maths”. No?

2 Likes

North america in my experience doesnt ever really say ‘maths’ use ‘math’ instead.

mathing would just be instead of saying “he did some math” i think… never seen it used!

2 Likes

I defer to @sanstitre_has_left_the_building re:maths. And pins. And Starbucks. And maybe some other stuff.

2 Likes

I guess we can tell we’re not in a room of math enthusiasts? :sweat_smile:

Dating back until at least 2006:

And more recent common usage:

5 Likes

And global usage…

2 Likes

There was no cancel button in the app or MDE online, but I found the WD travel company confirmation/invoice email and clicked where it says “make a payment”. It took me to a page that had the cancel button. Go figure.

4 Likes

It’s funny. In my room only leading reservation email, I can only click on “go to my plans” or “start check in”. No make a payment option in my email.

The weird thing is on the website when I log on to my acct., on my real rez it has the cancel rez option and make a payment option, but on the leading rez not only does it NOT have a cancel rez option it also does not have a make a payment option.

Here is some fine print in leading rez email:

Room Only Terms & Conditions Walt Disney World room only Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify a reservation, call (407) 934-7639† or you can cancel or make changes to many reservations online by visiting DisneyWorld.com/MyTrip and signing in to your Disney account. If your reservation can be cancelled or changed online, it will have a Cancel or Modify Reservation link next to it. Just select the link to start the cancellation or change process. If you don’t see the Cancel or Modify Reservation link, please contact us at (407) W-DISNEY (407-934-7639). Additionally, if you are holding any other types of reservations, such as dining, those reservations will not be cancelled unless you cancel them or advise us to cancel them.

So it says right there that dining rez will not be cancelled unless we cancel or advise them…

5 Likes

Because of how … cranky Disney has been, if I were planning a trip now I’d put the Leading Reservation on an MDE not my own. So that there is a disconnect between my ADR’s and the leading reservation. Also then, when I was forced to call and cancel, there wouldn’t be anything else showing up on the MDE account.

True, they can’t stop you from cancelling because of the fine print. But you can’t convince me that having to call and cancel isn’t because of leading reservations. They might add another change, assuming this doesn’t work. Although maybe they see that lots of people are cancelling and they want a chance to ask why.
Cranky isn’t the right word, but it is the best I can come up with.

I’m trying to remember…the lead guest on the ADR also needs to be on the leading room reservation, right? How are you disconnecting them? (Is there a way to remove one person from the leading room reservation before calling to cancel? I can’t remember.)

You can make an ADR and change the lead on the ADR to anyone on your friends list. So, you could make your real MDE account the lead. There will be a dropdown to change the lead guest.

On our trip a few months ago, I was the lead on an memory maker share. I had a leading reservation on my MDE account but then ran into an unusual problem which caused the leading reservation to not work anymore. So, I cancelled that reservation and added one to the memory maker share account. That ended up working extremely well because other people on the memory share were able to make ADR’s at 60+10 for themselves. So, several groups got the jump on making ADR’s for the one hotel reservation.
ETA: There wasn’t any real danger with this to me since my Visa wasn’t saved. Worst case one of the memory share people could have cancel the memory maker or the hotel, and then the money would have gone back to me.

3 Likes

I have two trips scheduled for late summer that I set up leading reservations for (first time trying this technique). Of course they all (4 room reservations for 2 trips) have no online cancellation/change buttons as others have run into here.

I was delaying making the call of shame until I get closer to my payment due dates in hopes that they revert back to normal but I just made a new reservation for October and that one still has the ability to cancel online.

It makes me doubt that my Summer reservations will ever have the option and it just feels like a big reminder that I am a person that never gets away with anything and shouldn’t try! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I am supposed to start making my 1st ADR Tuesday with my leading reservation. I don’t mind the call of shame so much, just nervous that when I cancel the leading rez that the ADRs will disappear and then nothing much will be left if I try to redo everything. Last year I got most everything I wanted the “normal” way, and here and there I was able to chip away and get everything I wanted.
Funny thing is that I was never able to get beaches and cream, but when the airline cancelled my flight twice, the 2nd day I was just chilling by the pool and BC popped up for a rez that same day so I was able to go. I really think that in the few days before if you keep checking you will find a lot of cancellations.

Anyway- so I will be making my ADR’s May 17-24th and cancelling on June 4, so Ill let everyone know how it goes, and if someone does it before then please keep us posted!!

1 Like

Have you tried on different browsers? Sometimes you can get a cancel button to appear that way.

I don’t think I’ve heard anyone report disappearance. The rez unlocks the window, but individual ADR’s booked have no link to the rez but rather just to your MDE in general. But I’ve been nervous too, like what if this is the time Disney software closes this loophole? You’ll be fine, and good luck.

5 Likes

I keep trying to sneak up on it from different angles but so far no luck using phone Safari or pc Chrome.

I am not too panicked yet but my ‘My Plans’ page really looks like someone gave a kindergartner a credit card at the moment…

I will also follow along with the others in the same boat and wish you guys good luck!

2 Likes