Leading Reservations for dining?

I would definitely not have booked a leading reservation if I knew I’d have to call to cancel. But I’m stuck with it now.

1 Like

Now I can’t cancel CRT either? It has a cancel button on the app but I just get the error message and online it says I have to call.

1 Like

It’s Tuesday, maybe wait to see if it is a usual Tuesday issue?

2 Likes

That’s what I was wondering. The cancel button has to be there for a reason! But I was also wondering if it was because I have breakfast and lunch booked, then realised it was for the wrong day so rebooked them this morning. They don’t overlap but maybe they are cracking down on ADR hoarding too?

Anyway, I will try again tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’m impatient so I tried again and could cancel. Just stupid Disney IT earlier.

I thought my luck was in so tried to cancel my leading reservation again too but alas, that’s where my luck ran out :rofl:

8 Likes

Further evidence:

4 Likes

Adding to this, the survey directly mentioned it was in response to my reservation at All Stars that I had booked last week.

(My leadings :joy:)

5 Likes

I felt like I was being called out by the teacher :joy:

6 Likes

Question 32:

Why are you, Touring Plans user @Bubblez, booked for 30 days at All-Star Sports while simultaneously holding a reservation at Beach Club Villas for the same period?

a. I like to keep my luggage at a different resort from where I’m sleeping
b. I want to use the All-Star pool during my stay
c. I’m utilizing a commonly used but little known method to circumvent advanced dining reservation restrictions
d. I run a complex arbitrage scheme that profits from inflated value resort rack rates
e. All of the above

17 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

ETA: I am now having this vision of CM grilling @Jeff_AZ about his leading reservation and him going into a quite detailed explanation of how “D” works and that it a a completely legit form of retirement planning investment.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Adding

Lesser known:

f. Booking the room for bonus DS and his girlfriend who will be joining us for some indeterminable amount of time.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

8 Likes

YES!

3 Likes

Ok so here is my day 1 update. I won’t give updates everyday but since this is the 1st day I learned a few things.

I was up about 3:30 am here in LA. Now- I realize I don’t have to wake up so early since each day is 60+10 and there is a bunch of availability- but since this was the first day I just wanted to make sure, and also I had to call for a couple things that I couldn’t book online like mini golf and carriage ride. I figure the earlier I call the less the wait. 7 am EST call was about 15 minute wait.

So I was able to get Beaches and Cream no problem which last year I couldn’t snag that AT ALL- literally checking each day for 60 days- until one morning it was available as a day of.

I had to call for carriage ride and mini golf. They asked for my email. Yikes! I wanted to just give my leading rez confirmation number. He pulled up my account but just said I see you have a rez for July 16- which is my leading rez. He booked the golf and the carriage ride.

But those didn’t show up in my app or online, so I called back- this time over an hour wait. And the lady said I see you have two reservations. Panic Panic! I’m calling about the first one, haven’t made up my mind yet- it was no big deal. She didn’t mention anything. She told me for some reason carriage and golf don’t show up in the “plans” but she was nice enough to add it for me as a “note” with the confirmation number so it looks official. I posted a pic. It says not a reservation, but when you click on it there is a confirmation number. Weird it doesn’t just transfer over smoothly to the plans. Carriage ride I had to pay up front, golf they take a CC but just to hold the rez.

FYI things like the dessert party at MK and Capture your moment appear t o be just 60 days, not 60+10 in case anyone is wondering, but both of those can be booked online.

So that was it. When I looked at other ADRS they had space 220, BOG, Topolino, everything was wide open so I’m glad I found this thread :).

I’ll post my final report after everything is booked and leading rez is cancelled in about 2 weeks!

9 Likes

Totes. I’m trying to avoid the crowds at Stormalong Bay. :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

I was told when I booked a fireworks cruise (with the same people that book mini golf and carriage rides) that it wouldn’t appear in MDE, bit ai could enter it in as a note. They did not offer to do that for me.

Any chance you know (or can see) if tours (like “keys to the kingdom”) are able to be booked at 60+10? If I remember older threads, these show up at midnight, rather than 6am.

1 Like

When I searched for Keys to the Kingdom it appears to be 60 as well, not +10. It greys out everything after July 16th.

1 Like

When I booked the CM said it shows up in his end and it should appear on mine if I log out and log back in- but it didn’t. Also, though, no email confirmation which I don’t see why they cant give us some type of proof. He did give me the conf number which helped and I do see the CC charge on my account. Im glad I have the note though I like seeing all the plans starting to pan out and also piece of mind.

3 Likes

I booked a cabana at Typhoon Lagoon and the CM told me they would add the note for me. I’ve also added my own notes for After Hours event. But yes I think extras don’t show up like ADRs. We’ll except tours because my WAT is showing up.

2 Likes

One other side note-- It must seem suspicious to them that when you call to cancel, you have 10 days with absolutely no plans, and then all of a sudden a bunch of plans :laughing:

3 Likes