Le Cellier or the Yachtsman?

I’ve been scouring the posts and reading the reviews and I don’t know what to do! I’m hoping some recent feedback will help me make a decision. We are arriving 8/24 and staying at the Yacht Club (first time staying there!). Traveling with my husband and our two children (DD12 and DS8). I’m looking for a nice dinner in/around Epcot. I’ve booked the Illuminations dessert party for that evening. I want somewhere that my DS and husband can get a really nice steak dinner.

I currently have a 6:30 reservation at Le Cellier. Is Le Cellier worth it? Is Yachtsman better? Is it too much to have that dinner and then do the dessert party?

Your second question is the one I am most concerned about. If I were doing a dessert party - any dessert party - and intended to eat enough dessert to justify the cost, I would not be having any dinner at all. I would opt for lunch as my larger meal that day, perhaps even breakfast.

1 Like

I agree that a late lunch would be a much better idea! Le Cellier does have a lunch option. I have eaten at both. My meal at Yachtsman was very disappointing to me. Funny, I had eaten at Flying Fish and I expected it to be at least at that same level. If I had a better server, maybe I would have felt differently but although LeCellier can have a reputation of slow service, my overall experience was much better at Le Cellier.

1 Like

I haven’t had a chance to try Yachtsman yet, but the meals (always steak) that I have had at Le Cellier have been excellent. I typically go at lunch.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! I’m thinking I will cancel dinner and try for a lunch!

1 Like