Layoffs at TouringPlans?

I’m reading on a FB page for a non-rumor-based group I am part of that there are layoffs happening at TouringPlans.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I did see a twitter post that Brian Mc Nichols’ last day is 12/31. He did a lot of videos for TP in the past.

3 Likes

That’s a bummer

I heard a blog writer (a group of them, actually) was also let go?

I hate that :frowning:

3 Likes

I believe that. I mentioned before, TP use to produce 5+ blog posts per day. It’s been only 1 or 2 per day the past couple months.

2 Likes

I guess I do recall you saying that, now that you mention it! I guess I just didn’t go the next step as to trying to reason out why.

:frowning:

2 Likes

I thought Brian was part of the TA group?

I know he did lots of room tour videos.

1 Like

His title was content manager

1 Like

I saw the same tweet and came here to see if it was being discussed.

3 Likes

I always enjoy anything Brian does. He always seems so cheery! Hopefully he will find a fabulous new opportunity. I don’t envy any leader who has to make these decisions, especially around the holidays.

7 Likes

I just read through some tweet threads from some of the contributors. I see Brian and also Julia are being let go. There are apparently others but I’m not finding names. Dani mentioned that they are scaling back the blog, not shutting it down. It sounds like she is still on staff. Not sure who else is affected. Very tough.

3 Likes

I have been following him for years, since I met him in MK. Such a great guy, he was filming a video on Early Morning Magic

3 Likes

They do have a lot of blog writers, plus a bunch of guest writers too. I’m not finding a list of blog writer names on the TP site. Julia was definitely one of the main ones.

2 Likes

Julia has been posting for a couple of days about being laid off?

3 Likes

Yes it’s Dani I’m not sure about.

Oh no, this is very sad news. I’ve watched so many of Brian’s videos over the past few years.

4 Likes

So this was back in March
:thinking:

https://touringplans.com/blog/touringplans-looking-for-more-bloggers/

2 Likes

That’s rough, especially at this time of year.

2 Likes

This is when I started as a guest blogger with TP, but they axed all of us a couple weeks ago.

1 Like

:flushed:

1 Like