Latest Face Mask Recommendations Please!

For those who have recently been to WDW in the heat… what face masks would you recommend? My DD and DS have been using the Athleta cloth masks for quite some time, and they are very comfortable. But I find them a little hotter than the old cheap light blue disposable surgical throw away masks, so that’s what I wear. Do people still wear those at the parks? I don’t want to look like a dork, but I like the idea of just trashing it when it gets sweaty, smelly or covered with makeup :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been wearing the Disney masks and find them pretty comfortable. Here’s a thread devoted to this subject. I and others have added a nose bendy thing to our masks to help w/ eye glass fog too.
Face Masks - Walt Disney World / Other - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

1 Like

I used the Disney masks and it was fine.
I will say that I have heard good things about the Airism masks that you can buy at Uniqlo in Disney Springs.

2 Likes

I wear a cheap mask from target. I like that it has a big chin area. I wear it upside down so the chin pocket is over my nose. This gives me more room for breathing.

1 Like

Do the Disney ones have that bendy strip of metal for over the nose? That is a must for me.

They don’t, but many people have had success with buying a roll of adhesive bendy nose strips on Amazon and sticking them onto each mask.

1 Like

I’ve added my own bending nose thing to my Disney masks

1 Like

scroll down to post 373 for an example Face Masks - Walt Disney World / Other - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

1 Like

Thank you! I did see this when you referred me to this thread. Does the stick-on stick when you sweat? I would be more comfortable if I could slide the strip into the seam.

I use the metal ones that I slide into the binding, but @OBNurseNH used the stick on kind and reported losing some to the disposal during hand washing in the kitchen sink. She’ll have to chime in about sweating :wink: I’ve also started using the 4ocean mask cages w/ my nose bendy and love that it keeps the mask off my face a bit in the heat. 4ocean Face Mask Support Frame The order arrived amazingly quick too. Ordered and arrived in under 5 days?

1 Like

So… it doesn’t sound like too many people are using the disposable ones?

Oh… I carry disposable ones in my bag to change out after eating if my first one feels damp. I want to be comfy. As the temp increases and so does the sweating its wise to have a spare handy… IMHO

1 Like

They work really well and stay on the masks well. You just have to remember to remove them before washing

2 Likes

I like the disposable masks. I found them not too hot on November trip and again in March. I find cloth masks hot and uncomfortable.

2 Likes

See, that’s how I feel. The cloth Athleta masks are definitely softer and nicer muted colors, but that FL heat! I will need all of the help I can get. Did you see many people with disposable masks?

Ppl wear all kinds of masks in the parks.

2 Likes

I wear the ones I make, with cut-up Dri Fit shirts for the layer that touches my face. I also use the 3D mask pattern that leaves a lot of room for breathing inside the mask.

1 Like

Yes, I feel like lots of people wear disposable in the park.

3 Likes

We used disposable ones during our November trip, with a fresh new one each day (or more frequently if the kids got them wet, dirty, etc.)

1 Like