Late night lotto?

I may be wrong but if I’m reading your questions correctly, I believe a lot of your question depends on what type of park ticket you have. For example, if your first day is at EPCOT and you have 1 park per day tickets, then on the evening of your first day you will only be able to play the late night lotto/book fastpasses for the hour prior to park closing for rides that are likely to go down in the last hour of park operations, for rides at EPCOT. However, if you have park hopper tickets, you will be able to try the late night lotto for rides at any of the parks. If you do happen to get lucky, and you FastPass ride goes down in the last hour before park close, then that FastPass will be converted into an anytime, any park FastPass for the following day and this will not effect you 3 pre-scheduled FP+s for the following day, nor will it effect your ability to get additional same day FP+s once you 3 pre-scheduled FP+s are used. However, as I understand, it is not any ride and specifically, it will usually exclude SDD, FoP, 7DMT (and possibly FEA and TT. Regarding changing the days that you use your park tickets, I’m not sure I understood the question but I think to answer, would need to understand what type of ticket you have ie. 3 day single park per day vs 6 day park hopper etc. Hope that helps.

Last month TT went down as we were boarding the ride. We got anytime, any park, any ride for the following day. We used it for SDD in HS.

Thanks for the correction…I had thought that I had heard that somewhere but am happy to be wrong!

1 Like

I wonder if it may vary with the tier of the problem attraction? We got bonus same day FPs at HS due to issues with both TSM and IJ (different days). The IJ one wasn’t good for toy story land rides but the TSM was.

I have 1 park per day, 6 day ticket.

Yes I know I can only play lotto at one park at a time with the ticket I have…BUT really I am only playing with one FP+ slot for the last 90min of each parks closing so I really wont be playing with more than 1 FP+ slot at a time.

My plan for this lotto day is at my 60 day window I will get the latest TT FP+ available. Then that day I will just let it play out until EPCOT FP+ window closes then I will move on to MK which is open for 1 hour later.

The second part of my question scares me too much and I am not going to risk moving the dates until after my 4th park day.

I’m not sure I understand your strategy. Are you planning to be in Epcot the day you’re aiming for a late TT FP that might convert? If so, you’ll only be able to get anytime FPs from Epcot attractions (if they cooperatively go down in the right window) because you’ll only be able to make FP reservations in Epcot unless you upgrade to park hopper.

If it’s a day you’re planning to be in the park I wouldn’t build your FP plans around late night lotto luck – you’d effectively be sacrificing a FP and doing a 2 FP day, when that 3rd FP may or may not payoff in an anytime/anypark FP for the next day. My late night lotto strategy was it didn’t hurt to try for something in the last hour before closing but with a 4th or later fast pass. We got very lucky one night out of 8 when it resulted in 3 anytime fast passes for the next day but if we hadn’t had park hoppers we only would have got 1 (we’d spent the day in AK and our 4th FP there converted to next day, and then in the last hour before MK closed we picked up a dumbo that converted and then another dumbo that converted). The other nights there was no late night lotto luck.

If you’re just planning to play the late night lotto the night you arrive and not go into any parks, that’s different. But if you’re reserving a TT FP 60 days out for a day that you’re not planning to be in the parks, then wouldn’t you have to leave one of your actual planned 6 days with no FP reservations until after the arrival night/giving the late night lotto a chance? That seems like a bad trade off to me.

1 Like

I successfully did late night lotto with TT last fall. The anytime FP i got was only good for Epcot (unless I read it wrong… in which case I’m mad at myself for not using it when we were at MK the next day!).

Edit to add: I had 5 day hopper tickets.