Late May/Beginning of June Advice

I’m putting this here because it’s a general question. I’m asking for a friend who is possibly planning a Universal trip for a few days, and is thinking they’d be weekdays. She and her husband are seasonal pass holders, so there are a lot of blackout dates.

To those who’ve visited Orlando late May or beginning of June, what’s generally the weather like? Unbearable? We’ve gone many, many years ago in July, so I can only give her my experience with that.

Crowd levels for Universal? What are they usually like at that time?

Are there other things that lean you towards or away from that time?

I’m following along to see what others say as we’re considering late May/early June 2023!

I’m interested as well, as we are looking at early June for a trip next year.

It’s in the 90s and humid. I’m from TN where we have similar weather & I find FL much worse. (It is in a swamp after all!)

This year is expected to be much busier than usual due to people feeling more comfortable with travel. Also, many people are unsatisfied with WDW right now. Universal has amazing offerings at 1/3 the price!

I have an AP , but I avoid anything after May 15 - Labor Day. However, even really crowded you can still do everything you want in two days - especially weekdays. So if you go three days or have Express Pass you’ll get to repeat a few things and see some shows. (Check out The Bourne Stuntacular!!)

If this is your only time to go, I’d recommend it. Just realize you may only get 1 or 2 rides on either VelociCoaster or Hagrid’s and the streets will be busy. (Don’t forget your sunblock!!) :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll pass this along!

1 Like

Do you happen to know if lines tend to be lower at night in the summer months?

Summer is busy all day. Because of this they have extended hours - often 9pm during the weekdays. Overall, I still find Universal way more manageable when it’s busy versus WDW.

2 Likes