Late Flight - Using Disney Magic Express?

My flight is scheduled to land at 12:30AM (staying at Pop Century). I will be traveling with my wife, daughter (10) and son (2). Since we plan on getting an early start at AK, should I just opt out of using the service and take a different form of transportation?

Any advice?

Yes, I would want to get to POP as quickly as possible, and with luggage. For me, that would be a rental car from MCO- Alamo particularly as you can go directly to the car without having to visit the rental counter. You will also not have to be at the bus stop early in the morning, maximizing your sleep as you can drive there from POP in less than 10 minutes.

1 Like

Is parking free at the parks?

Yes it is if staying onsite.

1 Like

I don’t know how long your staying and what you plan to do with a rental car besides getting to your resort, but they can be expensive if that’s all you plan to do with it.

From 3/24 - 3/28… besides the flights (arriving 12:30am - departing 11:00PM), traveling with a tired 2 year old on a bus might be tough… can’t put a price on peace of mind :grinning:

1 Like

Your call. The Magic Express is a free service you get with your package. I can see with your circumstances you may feel you require a different mode of transportation. I just used a rental car out of Ft Myers airport to get to Naples and back for three days. I felt it cost a fortune for the amount I used it. Personally I cannot justify the expense of the rental for the 12 days I am at WDW as it would sit mainly in the resort parking lot. You on the other hand might find it much more worth that expense in your situation.

I never use Magic Express and I never rent a car. I would arrange a car service like Quicksilver Transportation. It will cost you around $100 round trip, but the driver will be waiting for you at baggage claim and whisk you and the kids straight to your hotel. Also, you won’t have to leave as early as you would for the ME to take you back to the airport.

2 Likes