Late Aug/Early Sept 2020

^^^^^ Yep! :blush: :joy:

We were there the days before Dorian last year—and we are booked again for 8/23-8/29 @ poly. If you tour early and take a break it is absolutely worth the heat for the crowds. We are sure to incorporate most of the outdoor things in the early AM and indoor closer to lunch. Loved these dates last year-hurricane and all!

I am in Montgomery county, do you live in Philly. I am waiting for SW to release the flights.

@gabmom -too funny. We are in Roxborough. Hoping for a decent priced 8am flight on the 23rd and a late one home on the 29th. Debating flying out of Trenton too. You’ll have to let me know what flight you decide on-liner meet up before we reach the world!

1 Like

My neighbor’s daughter lives there too. I am in Pottstown.

We haven’t booked our flights, so we don’t even know what airline we’re flying yet. I’ll probably use AmEx points for the flights, so who knows. We usually arrive as early as possible so we can hit the parks as soon as we arrive, then check into our room later in the day. Ditto with the departure flight — we schedule it for late afternoon so we still get a good half-day in the parks the day we fly back to Texas. That said, we usually fly American Airlines because of the schedules…we can land in MCO around 11:30 AM on day 1, and leave as late as 6:00 PM on day 6. Otherwise, I hate American…incredibly unreliable. Considering it’s hurricane season, we may book United or Southwest just to have a better chance of actually arriving in Orlando on our intended arrival date. American has $crewed us the last 3 times we’ve flown with them. Horrible airline.

Would love to meet any of you while we’re there! Always fun meeting new people in WDW!

1 Like

I usually book the 6 am flight. The next few have stops. I would need to leave at 3 am to get to the airport by 4 am. We take 422 to 76 to 476 to 95 and no traffic at 3 am. I prefer direct flights.

@gabmom - we normally try for the earliest flight but with 2 small ones in tow we have settled with the 8am flights to ensure no one has a complete melt down by 10am.
Our usual pattern is- flight lands around 11:30, check in if room is ready, grab QS at hotel, MK in time to see the FOF parade. It seems to be a solid plan and has worked most of the time. The first day is the only day we are in the parks during the afternoon heat but the excitement overtakes our common sense! If my husband would win his battle we would be on the 6 am flight and in the parks by 12.

@MJDARBY - we’ll be next door at the poly! we can see you on the monorail!

1 Like