Last minutes tips

Sirmattyb1m
Hi Folks
14 days and counting till we leave Uk to hit Disney and Universal
Fast passes and resturants book
We are staying at Animal K Lodge 7 nights and 7 at the hard rock
We are also having a day at Kennedy and one day at Discovery cove
Anyone stayed at either hotel ?
Looking for advice re eating during our second week as nothing booked apart from a character Breaky at HR
What's city walk like these days ? Not been for 12 years
Anywhere nr Universal on I:Drive people would recommend
My two boys 8&6 love Man V Food so any places that do food challengers they would love
I'm guessing with the dollar rate so bad I'm guessing shopping won't be a good as the last time I went
Any comments on the above greatfully recieved

Cheers

I have stayed many times at AKL! Here is this month's activity calendar http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/AKLCalendar.pdf

I love the pool and the quick service restaurant , Mara, is one of my favorite quick services!

Have a great time. Haven't satyed at HR but Portafino and they are sister resorts. Try some of the places at the hotels and US - US actually had pretty good food (and I am a bit of a foodie). Also try MYTHOS in the parks - it is a sitdown and a nice change from counter serviceand not much more expensive. I would leave things open and just "go with it" If you have a car - you have a TON of choices. I may suggest going into some of the local areas and getting food there out and away from the tourist areas.

Thanks for the replies PrincipleTinker and Tigger

Don't forget the Kitchen challenge at the Hard Rock. The cake looks ginormous!

Vivo Italian restaurant at City Walk at Universal was excellent. Bob Marley's had horrible food and service

Thank you, that is great information!

We really enjoyed bob marleys food and service tbh

And cowfish was great

Didn't try the Italian

Thanks for the comments