Last minute trip to the world?

I am trying to decide if we should do a last minute trip and come the week of Labor Day. The crowd levels look so low for the week. I know there will be shorter park hours, but it might be worth checking out a park or two. Alas, I can’t make up my mind and my whole family, including in-laws, are waiting on me to decide if we go to the beach or to WDW.

I’m always pro-WDW. :wink:

1 Like

It is really tempting! I need to find reports on how crowded the pools are at the resorts.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen they’re not at all crowded. No resort is even close to full. Most are DVC only. I’d guess 30-40% occupancy (Len mentioned the rate on their podcast a few weeks ago but I can’t remember what it was exactly).

At Pop during our stay, the main pool was empty during the day, but by evening would quickly hit max capacity. There was frequently a line of people waiting to get in. The water was overcrowded as well. Hard to really do a lot.

I am not sure if the other two pools were similar. I presume so.

If you plan to swim, I would do it earlier before post park crowds return.

2 Likes

We just stayed at AKL - Kidani. We went to the pool twice. The first was Saturday and it was a little too crowded for my liking. We could find loungers, but the pool itself was crowded enough to make distancing difficult. I went again on Monday night and it was much less crowded. So weekends might make a difference as well.

1 Like

Yeah since Pop is not DVC and the entire hotel is open, its pool will be more likely than, say, Poly’s to be filled, where only the DVC is open.

1 Like

Thank you all who responded, the pool info is especially helpful. I just bought more masks for my 2yo to try. If he can keep a brand on longer than 20 minutes, I just might pull the trigger for a last minute trip.

In case it’s useful, these are the masks my younger kids have done best with. They fit smaller faces well, stay on easily and can be washed in the sink and dry overnight. My DD3 and DD7 wore them at Disney in July with no problems or complaints.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=lanier+wellness+kids+2-layer+reusable+face+cover&crid=52Z7Z5U8NM13&sprefix=Lanier+wellness+%2Caps%2C254&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_16

1 Like

Thank you!