Last minute trip - MK or Epcot help!

The Undervover Tourist price may be the link from the newsletter price. Click on my avatar an PM me your email and I will forward you a MouseSaver newsletter with the discount link.

thatā€™s a good question. I havenā€™t purchased tickets this late before. I would assume, like you did, that this is your ticket. Each tapstile has a Cast Member there to assist you. I would get there extra early now - leave 15 min earlier than you planned just to be on the safe side!

Pretty sure since you are off site without magic bands, you will need to go to Guest services to get the actual tickets. You need them to actually get into the park. The Mickey head tap styles donā€™t scan from phones, only from a magic band or ticket media. If you are near WDW before the day you go, you could head to Disney Springs and buy magic bands, then link them to your tickets on your phone. This would save you a trip to guest services before being able to go inside the parks.

So, tickets are now bought. In doing the touring plan it puts Space Mtn, Big Thunder, and Splash at the top of the itinerary, in that order, suggesting that I use fastpass for each. But, shouldnā€™t we be able to get onto the first one in decent time without using a fastpass?

Also, assuming we went to Space Mtn first, does it really make sense to then hoof it clear over to Frontierland for Thunder and Splash next?

Or, maybe the touring plan is just suggesting getting the fastpass appointments for those first, and then it will optimize timings?

A bit confusing.

If you are there an hour before the parks open, you donā€™t need FPPā€™s for the first hour. If you head straight to Space at say 9 when parks open, then book BTMR at 9:30, Splash at 10:30, something else at 11:30. Ride Space, then Buzz, other things in Tomorrowland and Adventureland (Jungle Cruise, Pirates). Head to Big Thunder around 10:15 (you can arrive anytime between 9:25 and 10:45 if you have a 9:30 FPP due to grace periods). Then Splash at 10:30. After ride of whatever 3rd you choose, you can book more FPP one at a time on your phone. Or, if you want FPP for Space, plan on hitting Fantasyland first thing. I donā€™t use optimize as it will have you all over the park to save a few minutes. Put things in a logical order based on where they are, and then hit evaluate. This will keep ride order how you want it, not running around the park,

1 Like

Last Wednesday I was able to do Big Thunder, Splash, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and PhilharMagic before 10:30 without fast pass (after BOG breakfast and 7DMT and PP). You can easily do those first three steps without fast pass.

1 Like

Everyone has an individual touring style. I personally like to limit walking/zig zagging around, but also hate standing in lines.

I would probably move around MK clockwise.
Start with Jungle Cruise (no FP), then let the touring software tell me the order I should go for Pirates, Big Thunder, Splash (i donā€™t find this area much backtracking). Then I would circle around the park clockwise. Haunted Mansion if you are interested. 7DMT is too kiddie for me, and Iā€™ll only ride it if DD6 wants to. Once I got into Fantasyland, Iā€™d probably try to coordinate a stage show at the castle. Definitely make plans to see the afternoon parade. Then pick up where I left off in Fantasyland and move from there down to Tomorrowland. Make sure to stop and find a good spot (EARLY) to watch Wishes, and then continue touring. You can probably get one more ride in after Wishes (8pm) before they close the park @ 9pm.